Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fire sucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blacktop Graffiti, Apr 4, 2018.

1. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

no insurance???

2. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

my 54 chevy sedan delivery with buick turbo V6 drivetrain, got totalled by hagerty, payout was enough to shop for a 40 ford. SedanFire257.JPG SedanFire256.JPG

3. The smallest amount of rubber line.

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  4. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

OUCH... good to have been saved before your ride got destroyed, and no one was hurt.
    Some real good advice already on here... Hope you get back on the road soon...

Glenn

5. southcross2631

southcross2631

A little tip for guys running Ford's with the filter mounted on the carb. Don't use the line that comes with the filter. I had just finished a 73 Grand Torino . New motor,new paint and the owner had driven it for about a month when that rubber line split and sprayed gas on the coil and set the car on fire. Luckily he was at home and had a fire extinguisher in his garage and a water hose handy.
    It blistered the paint on the hood and melted the wiring harness. It was traced to that hose splitting.
    I went back to Advance Auto parts where I bought the filter and in their defense they supplied all of the parts to fix the car with no charge. A new carb, dist cap ,plug wires, air filter, fuel filter, gas hose.
    They sent the photos to headquarters so they could notify the filter company about dry rotted hose after I showed them the hose that came in the box with the new filter they gave me . When you bent the hose it showed cracks right out of the box. It would have repeated the fire had I just replaced the filter and hose.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fire does suck but it gives birth to the opportunity to rebuild and make it better, faster, stronger. We wouldn't have a 6 million dollar man if Steve Austin didn't crash his space ship.

So go get all Lee Majors up in there!