Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fire at Paso.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jason of Oakland, May 27, 2007.

1. Jason of Oakland

Jason of Oakland

Does anyone know about the fire across the street from the park? Arrived at the show late today (about 3:30). As I was leaving, I saw what looked to be like a pretty large fire...

2. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

REALLY... I LEFT AT 1.00PM DIDN'T KNOW THIS....:confused:

3. Jason of Oakland

Jason of Oakland

Right after the awards ceremony, as I see Bill Hines taking off in what looks to be a custom Cadillac, there was a large fire across the street in a parking lot. I could not tell if it was a buiding or tree but it was at least two stories high. Quite a bit of smoke and ash in the air. I was wondering if someone had hit the switch on the flame throwers. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Many people were running from the park over to the area to either get their car or be a spectator. It took the fire engines and ambulances a while to arrive. I was about a block and half away.

I guess none of the HAMBers were around by that time. <o:p></o:p>

4. lownslow

lownslow

i did NOT do it . i left at 11:30 .... i have people who saw me leave ....

hope it was not someones car ....

5. We were sleeping in the car at about 3:30 off of 13th street and Vine. The smoke I saw looked to be around Spring street and 12th.

Attached Files:

6. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

It was just a tree.

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

It was easy to spot from the the vendor location behind the library. I'd say about 4:00 or 4:30. I have a couple of pics from my booth, but haven't downloaded them yet. The tree went up QUICK!!! Flames were licking the side of a building (hotel?) at the corner of 10th and Spring. Fire crew was on top of it pretty quickly. At times it was above the 2 story roof, but they had the ceramic tiles keeping it from being worse than what it was.

8. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

It was a grass/weed fire started from a cigarette. Caught a pine tree on fire and blackened the side of the apartments next to the Paso inn parking lot. No cars or people were harmed. EVILT

9. studhud

studhud

It was put out by one brave Mexican with a fire extinguisher! LTR Dave

10. [​IMG]
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbjbbo1P-tU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbjbbo1P-tU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

11. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

Was it Bill Hines tossing a cigar then?

12. Retrorod

Retrorod

My resident contact in Paso said it was just as EVILT says but there was some roof damage to that building.

13. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

A cigarette can do some serious damage. Think if that hadn't been in town and had been out on the highway. yep another forest fire.

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hahahah thats me in the gray truck that passes the camera..

I did see some brave Beatniks try to put out the fire tho...those guys RULE>

15. Burny

Burny

I talked to a guy at the Paso Inn as it was happenning. He was all tired and out of breath. Said he evacuated a few families from the apartments that caught on fire. Had to kick a few doors in. He also said that one of the residents saw 2 guys in white shirts start the fire, then take off throught the back alley and swing around front to watch it...Don't know if they caught 'em....

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I heard it was 2 guys with Tattoos, Cuffed Jeans, Black Shirt's with some sorta Car club logo and black pompadors..Also seen a Cunky girl with really small shorts and a Red umbrella. hahahha

that fire was crazy tho.

17. studhud

studhud

The Brave Mexican that was spraying the fire extinguisher on it was George from the Beatniks. Dude was doing the right thing at least he was trying to put it out. I wasnt there but I bet there was a ton of people just standing around watching. LTR Dave

18. George rules...he is one hell of nice guy. Been years since I see em, does'nt surprise me...