Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Finkstuff surprise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hey folks, my first post on here for a very long time for no other reason than up until now I've had nothing worth posting. But now I have something that might be of interest some of you.Sometimes people can really surprised you! Back in early December of last year I won an early 60s Von Dutch flying eyeball keychain from a guy on eBay, who claimed to have links with the whole hotrod and custom fraternity back in the day. I... was a bit sceptical but wanted the item for my leather jacket zipper anyway. Long story short, when it hadn't arrived before Christmas I thought I had been had and chalked it up to experience. In the mail this morning was an envelope smothered in rat Fink and other monsters style stickers. When I opened it up it was full of goodies, including keychain which look very much like the real deal to me. But what really blew me away was a brief note thanking me for my purchase and stating that he had included his own personal service program from Ed 'Big Daddy'Roths funeral service! Not only that, but the guy that he got my key chain from (Bert Grimm, who also knew Kenneth Howard) was a speaker at the service. That certainly adds some authenticity to his claims in my book. How cool! Written on the PayPal invoice is;
    "enjoy and my heartfelt thanks, proud to say I always "give" to real finksters. Cheers all my best to you and yours, respectfully
    Jack Liston
    a nativeborn Van Nuys/SFV/LA/SoCal finkster & Roth art lover, still finkin' since 1957
    MA-ZOOM-MA!
    I don't know if Jack is on here, or if anyone here knows him, but I would like to return my thanks.
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Very cool...I've bought old original "Big Daddy" waterslide decals from Bert Grimm, found him to be a very righteous individual. Congrats on your score!!

3. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

What branch & dates did Big Daddy Serve??????????

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Don't have a clue.Why?

5. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

I think Cheesegrater is asking because the program said he was buried with Military Honors.

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Okay.Sorry I can't help with that one.Not an expert.
    Paul

7. Paul,I wondered what you have been up to because you have been MIA for a while,,glad to have you back.

BTW,Ed was in the Air Force.HRP

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

51-55 Air Force

9. Glad to see something good happen to a nice guy!

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Bert as I recall was "Bert The Shirt" who printed all of Roths T shirts... I met him at a fink get together in Wendover... A super nice guy.

11. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

IF I remember right we spent quite a long time hanging out with Bert. Nice guy.

12. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Good to see your post Paul. Glad it turned out to be better than you expected. How are those Pinto hinges holding up? Joe

13. belair

belair

Glad to see you back, fink.

14. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Joe,hinges still stong as an ox.Thanks for the kind words everyone.I'll try not to be such a stranger.
    Paul

15. Very cool, glad it worked out! The bonus stuff made it worth the wait!

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paul, its always great to hear from you, beginning to think you may have moved on from the HAMB!:eek:

Maz is one of the straightest shooters on here and just a good guy! Its hard to imagine you not being looked after.

Don't be a stranger mate!

Doc.

17. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Nah mate,I linger like a bad smell!
    Paul

18. autobilly

autobilly

Hey Paul, the Hippie types call that Karma. Congrats, it couldn't have gone to a more generous and deserving guy!