Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs finishing off my 38 chevee project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nunattax, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

did the repair for the drivers side door.both doors will stay open now a real novelty for me.spent some timemaking and fitting the missing track and brackets for the passengers side window winder assembly,might even get it fitted tomorrowive a funeral tomorrow my ever faithfull german shepherd SETZER has passed away,gone to where the postman comes seven days a week.he hated postman politicans and strangers of any kind.what a dog.,took no prisonershated anything in a uniform.we started the build together and was hoping to give him a spin in it but he didn't make it.go buddy go.got some other small jobs done todaygot some modern bolts machined to give them an older appearance and machined a pln to hold the door restricters to the A pillar.patsy the panel beater called to knock up a few dents in the hood.once im up n running illtry to finish the painting.plan to clean up the original bumpers and fit them

2. sorry to hear about Setzer.

TFoch likes this.
  3. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

setzer 001.JPG setzer 002.JPG great dog hard act to follow

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    scotty t likes this.
  4. bubba55

bubba55

Morning Chris - sorry to hear about yer loss of Setzer - take care me friend

5. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thanks again the build goes on ceremony completed holly tree marks the spot

6. Leakie

Leakie

Sorry for your lose, dude. He would have enjoyed the ride.

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

hi leakie hard job to replace him but well find another guardian the great memories live on 13 years of them.never a dull moment. life goes on ,the build goes onnot too far away from starting her up.watch this space

8. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

spent a few hours today trying to install the passenger side winder mechanism and replacing broken/missing track.going good so far hope it will look like new when its welded up and painted.its a challenge to keep it looking stock even though nobody will be looking at some of this tuff

9. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

window winder plus various 001.JPG replacement window track trial fitted nothing welded just bolted so I can make adjustments if needed untidy floor is a sure sign of loads happening

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  10. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

new pin for the door restricters window winder plus various 006.JPG

11. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

got the bolts machined to take the mass produced look away,made some plates to weld nuts to,to make assembling the bed corners less fiddly,some bolts are stainless so ill powder coat them satin black

Attached Files:

12. Leakie

Leakie

Those bolts turned out pretty cool, nice touch man.

13. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thanx bud some bolts are stainless m8 others 3/8 unc.machining them gave them a uniform look..worked outwell.bolts are ducafe specials

14. bubba55

bubba55

Hey Chris - finally took me twuck to Alan / Flatlander - he's welding on my chassis and installing IFS and mounts for my 327 and T5 and 9" rear - while I'm working on my garage - almost finished with the construction and then will have to paint - keep up the good work you Irish Nut !

15. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

good to hear you are making progress.before you send your doors for paint don't forget to remove rubber strips from thetop of the metal door cards and in the correspomding place on the doorif you apply heat with a blow torch they become soft and come out easily with a utility knife.its herd workif you don't heat first,if you don't find them let me know ill send a pic of where the y are located gentle heat will do go easy

16. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

aidan feightery pass door winder assembly 004.JPG not much to report for today up early and in the hot rod shop.got sidetracked with a visiter from Australia..trial fitted the glass felts pass side.broken tab on pass side so I made one and fitted it.,riveted it on.and painted it.working well so far tech tip bend the felts around a suitable sized pipe for the corners and get nice even bends.glass will fit the openings much better.

Attached Files:

17. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

new kid in town[​IMG]

chop job and tb33anda3rd like this.
  18. Leakie

Leakie

That was quick! Good looking pup.

19. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

we are having great fun with him,disrupted progress on the 38 for a bit all work and no play you know the saying.no name yet

20. Cute little guy! Looks like a bear cub.

21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

great little guy eager to learn new guardian to the 38

22. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

door tracks pass side 002.JPG door tracks pass side 001.JPG fitted pass side door glasshad some trouble getting the glass in due to a small eror on my part but its in now.just a little tidy up tomorrow and paint a few bits,make a little bkt for the rear of the felts to stop it popping out of the tracks when the glass is wound up and were there.

23. bubba55

bubba55

Nice Chris - it's good to have a buddy !

24. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

top man on the lathe,leakie

25. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

made up some alloy plates to fill the voids in the a pillar behind where the door straps mount.1.5mm alloy weigh next to nothing.stuck to the back of the a pillar with adhesive window brackets 002.JPG will keep the weather out

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

wiring has commenced wiring started 001.JPG 1 day in starter is turning over and charging circuit complete another 1-2 days in it

chryslerfan55 and TFoch like this.
  27. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

today trial fitted the inner wings and wings along with the hood.checked for fit...some shimming needed here and there but not too far out.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55, K13 and TFoch like this.
  28. Leakie

Leakie

Wow, looks like a whole truck! Looks good, almost there bud!

29. redwelter

redwelter

Nice work, keep it going.

nunattax likes this.