Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finishing hauler for my HA/GR

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 17dracing, Jan 27, 2010.

1. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Well I will start another build diary next weekend on my HA/GR car . Can't wait to get another one going !! But here is what I will be towing it with .Should look pretty kool coming down the road !! And trailer will be pretty low too !!

Attached Files:

2. ThingyM

ThingyM

Thats going to be pretty cool.. I'm looking for a 48-51 Dodge pick up for my hauler,, I have a 440 Dodge engine and trans out of a motorhome that has 30k miles on it.. That aught to pull my HA/GR around pretty easy.....

3. bobw

bobw

17, That's gonna look cool going down the road!:)

Dick, you could end up with one of those scenes from the early days of drag racing where the tow vehicle was faster than the race car!:D

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  4. ThingyM

ThingyM

Bob.. I'm not looking for speed, Just some power to pull us over the hills and dales,, The Grapevine is a real bitch with NO horsie power...I got a Dodge diesel that pulls it just fine, But it is not "Old Time"....besides it would be fun......

5. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

There will be some rubberneckin' for sure with that rig coming down the road!

6. Very awesome!! There isn't any reason our rides can't take on that type of duty. Were going to needs some pics of the whole setup when you hitch up.

7. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

I'm excited to get it all done ! I built a lowered trailer for a buddy ,(hauled a vintage nailhead sprint car, behind his 32 Ford truck) Think I'll base mine off what I built for him . I 'm just going to have to jack up the adjustable coil overs on the Model A , but it should be fine ! Glad the Ha/Gr cars dont weigh much :D

8. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Well like a Fart in the wind ! I am changing directions ! I will now be building a 1960's era slingshot instead of the HA/GR car . So now my trailer is going to have to be a little longer :cool: , Sorry to all the HA/GR guys I just want to go faster . But to any new comers you have to try out a HA/GR car they are a blast !!!!

9. duke182

duke182

you still have your HA/GR or did you sell it to help finance the fed?

10. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

I sold it a while back . It's out in cali. now , I think ? It's on cliffordperformance.net 's website ,with the new owners .

11. duke182

duke182

thats cool.
    good luck with your new project.