Thanks to all of you who have answered posts in the past on how to get a stuck motor apart. I've had this flatmotor lying around for years and I figured it was finaly time to see what was left of it. Three of the pistons were 'stuck real good' the rest came with a minimum of convincing. The valves were the worst, I got about half out, the rest I had to cut to get the springs off, so I could get the cam out. Even after much beating from below with a long punch, I still had 3 that I wouldnt move the valve or the guide so that I could take out the retainer. I'm sure I got the idea to weld a nut on the top of the valve from here (thanks whoever) and I ended up 'pulling' the valves out so that I could beat the guides out. Some pictures of the fun, and the results. The block is hopefully good, and the crank and rods look fine. This one is a C1BA ('51 Canadian Merc) destined to be mated with a 4-71 and will eventually replace the 239, isky, 4bbl combo in my '40 coupe I hope.