Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by das imp, Aug 30, 2007.

1. das imp

das imp

After 3 years ! I got my bother to dig his 47 Merc out of the shed ! I put 4 new tires on it yesterday and took off the trunklid and am in the process of cleaning the trunk floor up and installing a new truck seal . The car has been sitting neglected in the shed with it ass end hanging out in the weather with a bad trunk seal and it has taken it toll . Speaking of said trunklid anybody got a nice lid for this beast ! I think its called a 114 something or other , its a 4 door with suicide rear doors . Among other problems it has developed during hibernation are , no brakes and a " you didn't eat that ! It crawled up your ass and died " smell that I suspect is a dead mouse !
    Anyhow wish us luck on the rebirth and get ready for the dumb questions to follow !

Pat

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Good luck on the build and send a pic or two so we can see where you started! Only dumb question is one that you fail to ask. Just try to ignore the dumb answers.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Deck lids are shared by all 42-47 Fords and Mercs by bodystyle. Only differences are holes for trim attachment.

Brakes are not a problem, be sure to replace the rubber hoses(2 front, 1 rear) before venturing out on the road.