Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally working on my own car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THEKID49, Jan 2, 2007.

1. THEKID49

THEKID49

After spending months working on everybody else's stuff, I got to work on the Hudson this weekend. I had been looking for Lincoln pushbuttons since I got the car. Well a few months back I got some. The chrome is not great on them, but I don't care. To get the look of pushbuttons, when I first got the car on the road I made the buttons from F-100 door handles work( those are the little buttons in the pics). The car looks so much better with the Lincoln buttons.

Since it was a long weekend I got more done. I got a Kaiser bar from 00Mack that needed a little help. I spent two days working the bullets back to shape. They were crushed in around the ends. Lots of hammering, welding, sanding, and more sanding they turned out pretty good. Now back to customers cars

Attached Files:

2. chad

chad

I am curious what the whole car looks like too!!

3. THEKID49

THEKID49

I've shown these here before. I need to take some new ones outside.

Attached Files:

4. THEKID49, great looking car you've got there...keep up the progress. I've also been looking for Lincoln push buttons, where did you get yours...and you don't happen to have an extra pair do you ? :D
    / primerkid

5. THEKID49

THEKID49

Thanks. I got mine from a friend who is working on a Lincoln for a guy.They were shaved and I asked if the guy still had them. They were in the trunk and my friend gave them to me. He said the owner wouldn't miss them. The owner is not really a car guy. I do not have any others. I have looked all over for them. Maybe somebody else knows where to get them. There was a thread on here a long time ago about somebody repoping them.

6. chad

chad

Thats a neat lookin' car for sure......