Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally stopped lurking and joined

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slix, Mar 5, 2005.

1. slix

slix

The HAMB is great, I just wish I had time to read everything!

I'm from Santa Barbara, CA, but am living in Boston until I finish grad school in June. I'll be headed back to CA just as soon as I can.

I'm 29, and bought my first car when I was 11...first classic American iron at 16 - the dark purple 1956 Chevy 2dr that I still have today. I bought most of my cars in a million pieces (selling some to pay for others), and have built them into this collection:

1935/6 Chevy PU (project!!! I hope to work on it this summer.)
    1956 Chevy 2dr - done for now, but is anything ever really done...
    1956 Chevy 4dr - in a million pieces
    1957 Chevy PU - needs brakes!
    1959 Cadillac M&M Hearse-Ambulance
    1966 Lincoln Continental Convertible

I'll definately be looking for advice and parts when I start back up on the 1935/6 Chevy PU project. I call it a 35/6 because it is a 1935 Chevy PU with a 1936 Cab. Currently I'm thinking about running it as a highboy, taking off the fenders and hood (the rear fenders are totally hacked up anyway). I have a built Chevy 6-cyl 235 for it and would like to use a manual trans. I figure I'll paint it flat black for now, the green was free and kept it from rusting all these years while it sat...

-John

2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the hamb, thanks for the pics.

3. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB from another newcomer. That's a very impressive collection that you have there! Cathy H.

4. Clark

Clark

Nice collection!! Welcome to the HAMB
    Clark

5. I go pogo

I go pogo

Ya got a great quiver of cars. Welcome:) pogo