Register now to get rid of these ads!

FINALLY- SHE'S PAINTED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mai Ki-Ki, Oct 13, 2003.

1. After 5 years of grey primer and flames, my baby finally got her new paintjob. Courtesy of LOWSQUIRE who did the prep work and paint. Also shaved handle and bootlock.I got to help for 2/3 of one day...and yes block sanding sux! Watched the roof get sprayed on friday which was v cool.

Color is Toyota Pale Purple Metallic (seems to have some pearl effect too) and the roof silver flake on silver basecoat with House Of Kolor Purple Candy Intensifier over the top.

Lowered the back a tad more too....interior and some detilas to be sorted before the Local BIG SHOW OF THE YEAR (The Hot rod and Kustom picnic in 3 weeks)

Anyhoo..heres some pics....

[​IMG]

MAIKI

THANKS LOWSQUIRE!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. ...

Attached Files:

3. ...next

Attached Files:

4. next....

Attached Files:

5. next.

Attached Files:

6. to do...

SOME FROSTED WHITE rear indicator lenses...
    White Pinstripes to hood and boot.

=]

7. [​IMG]Gee looks the part now! See you at the picnic.

8. Mikee,

Thank f!!!ck she is painted man! if i had to look at one more photoshoped picture trying work out what suited it more!!!

seriously, looks insane. ben did an awesome job *hats off*. its a real winner and it looks even better in real life.

Danny

9. spark!

Will see you at the show..come over and have a beer with us!
    Hows the A going????

maiki

10. Danny!

Yeah i promise not to send any more colour Photoshop jobs anymore...!

I'll be sending you pics of my 38 PROJECT now..ahahhaha
    oNCE I GET IT..oops

maiki

11. Looking awesome spark, doing it all properly! Gonna be sweet...

Keep it up!

See yah at the picnic.

MAIKI

12. Where's the kustom scallops.........(same colour as roof).....

Looks good.

A.

13. Drewfus...

We ended up with just the single line defining the roof into two panels....was gonna have flamed sections on roof, but ended up liking the simple layout better...may still chuck some flames down the side...

Thanks

MAIKI

14. Lookin' good Maiki... except for that busted ass peeep mirror. [​IMG]

It just so happens I have a brand spanking, never used, box got wet so I threw it out peep mirror. Got it from Moon, but I think it's Vintique unit.

You want it, you can have it. It doesn't fit on the Rambler due to the door seal design.

15. yeah? Brootal! That would be cool!
    Need any graphics etc work done in exchange...?
    That mirror was the worst of two, but the good one flew off on the freeway about a year ago....

Would love the one u have...um.
    We need to post it? Ill send you cash for postage ...

Cheers
    MAIki

[email protected]

16. Mai Ki ki, what size rims are those? 13"? I have some custom 13" caps that would look good on that ride. Looks good by the way! I'd be proud to cruise in that car. Send me a pm with wheel details.

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Mai Ki ki, what size rims are those? 13"? I have some custom 13" caps that would look good on that ride. Looks good by the way! I'd be proud to cruise in that car. Send me a pm with wheel details.

[/ QUOTE ]

...just MY opinion......but I think the rims would look great painted the light body color with the centers painted the dark roof color and fogged out with chrome lug nuts....Lookin' good!

18. FarmerJohn..i used to run 13 inch Flipper Disc's from Moon, but they just made the little wheels look tiny...interested to see a pic of your wheel covers...

Skatefink...Yeah my current ide is to chrome the originals and paint the center section the same as the roof with chrome nuts as you say...

Cheers

Maiki [​IMG]

19. I don't have a digi camera Mai ki ki, but a friend does. I'll try and get him over to the house to shoot some pics of it for me. If I do, I'll have him post them to this topic sometime next week, keep an eye on this post for the pics. If you dig 'em. I'll send them your way if you pay shipping. I've watched the progress of this car and I like it for some reason....i would like to contribute to the lil
    sled. Even if you don't run 'em all the time, you could use
    them once in a while to change things up. they are old cal custom full wheel covers. chrome. kinda like chrome moon discs, but they have a ring indention around the outer edge and come to a subtle cone in the center. you will dig them.
    they would look really good with some whites. I got them from Slazzen here, and my falcon may be on its way to another home. I'd like to see these on a good car.
    John

20. Come on, Who you trying to fool, You know thats photo shopped. [​IMG]

I just had to say that. Seriously Mia the car looks great. i love the paint on the roof. But you are gonna find now It';s going to be more work to keep it clean. [​IMG]

Again....looks great

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Looks killer. I love it, good job mates.

22. james

james

Looks great, but we all know you got the skills when it comes to photo shop, so I bet it's really a 1982 toyota tercel. [​IMG]

23. BLAKE

BLAKE

Very, very nice!

24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks Bitch'n !
    I can tell your happy...Congradulations!

25. Sailor

Sailor

Looks great. Gotta say that Skate Finks idea sounds killer.

26. Assdragger

Assdragger

Oh yeah oh yEAH OH yeaH OH OH YEAH....i LIKE IT!!!

27. Thanks Guys!!....and yeah FarmerJohn I would love to see some pics of the covers!

And hell yes im excited...just a little bit more to go, and then i Get to start my 38 Project...(A real project...)

=]
    cheers

MAIKI

28. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Kick Ass

Tuck

29. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey mai.....you did a photoshop on my A coupe for me last year and it came out great so i knew your ride would look awesome when you finally got around to doing it, looks cool as shit man. mike