Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally on the road - My '30 Tudor (Lots of pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Probesport, May 21, 2012.

1. My first Model A hot rod build is finally on the road - and nowhere near done.

When I got the body (or parts to a body) a couple years back it arrived like so:

[​IMG]

Fast forward to about 30 days ago I decided to thrash this car together as I was getting tired of missing out on some good cruise time year after year.

[​IMG]

I decided that I needed to get this thing on the road in 30 days or put it aside for awhile while I attend to other parts of life. I spent every single day out in the garage from the time I got home until I couldn't stay awake anymore but it paid off (I think).

I drove it for the first time on Saturday and besides a bit of squeak and rattle everything seemed to go just fine. I have some tuning to do and some NVH work but its up and going and I can enjoy it.

Anyway, on to the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Take a nice straight-on shot of each side of the car. In these "artsy" poses the radiator appears to tip backwards and the tail of the car seems to be a few inches lower than the front which is not good unless it goes "psshhhhhhhh" and raises itself up some.
    Nice work just a few hiccups in the styling department. Some will likely mention that fonky steering arm up front too.

3. I didn't notice until I uploaded them that I had no direct side-on shots. As far as styling hiccups - for who? This was what I saw to build and I built it. I apologize if you don't like it but I am happy. As I said it's nowhere near done just on teh road, I am quite sure it will change over the years but at least its no longer garage art.

And whats the Fonky steering arm? Is there something weird that I didn't notice?

4. raidmagic

raidmagic

Nice work. I wish I could get in the garage 30 days in a row never mind build something that cool in 30 days. Nice work.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

To each his own, the car looks good. How does it drive?

6. Well yeah that's always the case. Still want to know whats wrong with the steering arm, something I should be concerned about?

Drives strong, I have some shakes and rattles to get out of the body but I was excited to have no major hiccups and it started right up and pulled out of the garage on the first turn of the key. Now it's all tuning and tweaking.

7. Hey, nice job. Congrats on getting it up and running. It's tough, I know, been working on mine for years now and it does not appear to be any closer to being on the road.

8. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

30 days running and driving and it wasn't for a tv show? Nice work! The front rubber looks a tad big to me. Maybe a little less sidewall?

Your converse are not shop shoes. Buy boots.

9. Weird A

Weird A

Looking good. Wish my A was that far.

Bill

10. stitchwerks

stitchwerks
    from Lakeville

11. While the fronts are smaller than the rears I agree they are to big, I don't like the wheels either so that's on the list to replace

and I generally have a pair of Red Wing's that I use out in the shop, best boots ever :)

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  12. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

13. lowelife

lowelife

Nice job. It's amazing what a little motavation can do for ya!

14. josh77

josh77

I like it, nice car!

15. Nice build!! I needed that to get me going on mine again.