Register now to get rid of these ads!

FINALLY!! My 241 Dodge gets a blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shifts, Mar 30, 2006.

1. shifts

shifts

My buddy Jack Wagner in Lawton,Ok who is building blower manifolds & motor mounts for the baby dodge came through for me. This is the first one, and man is it nice.I just got it set up except for the bottom pulley. I'm gonna set it up for around 3lb of boost. I have a new edelbrock carb coming for it (the one on it is just sitting there for the pic). Spalding flamethrower for ignition. I'm getting excited!! DAVE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gemini EFI

Gemini EFI

Looks Great!! We several different EFIs For that setup.
    Gemini EFI

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

WoW Shifts!
    Your HotRod is awesome man, and that blower REALLY makes it wild.
    Congrads.

4. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. dammit man! that's brilliant. I haven't bought my intake yet, can I ask what the mainfold set you back? is he going to make more?

6. shifts

shifts

N8inks, I'm working w/ Jack on getting this up & running. This is the proto type, but he is planning on producing them for sale in about a month. Cost is gonna be $500-$700 depending on how much interest there is. More interest, less price.
    Thor, Be glad to have you come over. BRING BEER!
    DAVE

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Much.

Only three pounds of boost. :eek: Turn up the wick!!

8. that's pretty cool! Is it aluminum or steel?

9. shifts

shifts

The one I have on it now is steel, however the new ones will be aluminum. They will also raise the blower about 1/2" for easier access to the manifold bolts (kinda tight on this one). This one weighs 23lbs, new ones about 10-11 lbs. DAVE

10. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotgas,

Is there a website or book that you could point me toward that would have dimensional information on the Desoto, Dodge, and Chrysler hemis?

Thanks,

Thor

11. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thor, Be glad to have you come over. BRING BEER!
    DAVE[/quote]

Dave,

What kind do you like? I figure if I'm gonna pump you for information, I at least need to get you snapped up on the good stuff!:p

Thor

12. shifts

shifts

Dave,

What kind do you like? I figure if I'm gonna pump you for information, I at least need to get you snapped up on the good stuff!:p

Thor[/QUOTE]

Well, you got my attention now!! Diet Miller chilled to just above frozen. I even have a cpl of those hemis laying around for you to measure up. Hell, I even got an old 50 Stude in the back. DAVE

13. dv8

dv8

14. flatoz

flatoz

you need one of those 6 97/4 tops, that would be wild. looks good though. Having just entered the school of blowers its a whole new ball game. brings a smile to your dial every time you enter the garage.

15. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Shifts, Looks good....Keep me in the loop about the manifolds...Thanks,EVILT

16. RacerRick

RacerRick

Is that a 3-71 or a 4-71? I have a 241 almost built that I would love to drop a blower onto....

17. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

Nice looking setup but a couple of questions... any detail pictures of the intake manifold?? Why only 3lbs of boost that engine can handle more than that start at 5 to 7..

Dawg

18. What compression ratio are you running? Is this a stock bore? Piston Supplier? Cam choice?

Details man details. I've got 2 315 poly heads and will be making some choices soon.

19. shifts

shifts

Its a 4/71 blower. I'm running some NOS Jahns pistons w/ 7.5 comp ratio (.030 over). The cam has been sent out to Hot Heads to be shortened & reground w/ more lift. The reason I'm not gonna run a high boost is that I'm using stock rods & I want it to live. Its also getting a flat alum timing cover as soon as the cam gets back. DAVE

20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hey Thor, go find Tex Smith's book on Hemis. It's full of more info than I could ever put in a post, and well worth the $20 to get it...

21. RacerRick

RacerRick

Those stock rods and crank are strong! I wouldn't worry about running more boost as long as your parts are in good shape and have been mag'd with new bolts.

22. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

WOW, that just cool!!! I would take one or two !! great job on it!! is it just gonna be for the 4-71?

23. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

didn't read all the replies but I just wanted to say...that's f'n sexy.

24. shifts

shifts

At this time they are only gonna be for 4/71s. Might be an overkill w/ a 6/71. Check out those "Hurst" style mounts tho, they really fit nice.($65.00+shipping) This solves a big problem, as there is no provision for side motor mounts on a 241. DAVE

25. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotgas,

Thanks for the heads-up on the book. I think I will check with amazon to see if I can get a copy.

Later,

Thor

26. Where'd you get the side mounts $65 + sh, sounds like a good low buck solution for my 241. Also I love the blower. I predict a lot of interest for your friends product. I know I'll be looking for one in a year or so. Are you going to be running the Chevy water pump? If so where did you get your adaptors? Oh, I like the white wheels too.

Wicked

27. shifts

shifts

My friend Jack Wagner is making the mounts & they are available now. Yes, I'm gonna run the sbc waterpump, just waiting on the short cam(a must). I got the adapters from Hot Heads, but they dont tell you about needing to use the short cam or flat timing cover to do so. BTW, the wheels are lavender LOL. DAVE

28. Anything new to report? What kind of driving are you going to do with this sweet car?
    I have heard that the 241 bottom end can be broken if abused, is that why you chose the 7:5-1 and 3 lbs of pressure?

Please post more pictures if you can.

29. dons33willys77

dons33willys77

The 241 lower end is strong but not as strong as the bigger Chryslers. With the correct combination of parts they can really withstand quite a bit. Tom Waters makes a girdle for these motors, a harmonic dampner and the best main bearings you can find will really strengthen your lower end and running a blower with 3-7 poiunds of boost should be fine. What a beautiful motor/car.

30. dons33willys77

dons33willys77

Dave,
    That is just too cool! I actually just received some information from Jack W. regarding his intakes. I am currently building two 1933 Willys 77's. One is a four door sedan and the other is a four door sedan that is being converting into a model 77 pickup with '33 front sheet metal installed on it. They are both going to be powered by blown/EFI Dodge 270 strokers. One of the things that I am trying to accomplish is to keep everything under the original hoods. I notice that your motor sticks up quite a bit over the top of the cowl but I also noticed that your frame rails are pitched upwards as well. I am assuming that this has something to do with how high your motor sits in your car? Any recommendations for keeping the motor under the hood? Thanks for posting the photos. That is one bad ass looking motor and car. I love the valve covers. Are they the Trucker O'brein covers? I love the ones that Billet Fabrication makes for the Chrysler motors. I only wish they made them for the babies. Either way the Tuckers sure are beautiful too. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again,
    Don