Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Finally I found a gem hidden away. 1931 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by N2OLDTIN, Sep 26, 2013.

1. white64

white64
    from Maine

I second an earlier question! What was the other car?

2. N2OLDTIN

N2OLDTIN
    from Oak Hills

The other car was a Desoto. My buddy went and bought it for 1000.00 it had a late model clip and ford motor already installed. The interior was nice and no dents or rust was found on the body. I don't like the look of the car so I passed

3. Nice score. Hot rod that car! Restorers belong on Fordbarn. Haha.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Great score, well done!

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

In case you haven't noticed, this is a HOT ROD site, not Ford Barn!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

there are plenty of "nice original" model A's out there already... no one needs to worry about them becoming extinct

7. Murch

Murch

Hell, if it's a driver, drive it, you could always hot rod it later if you so choose, nice score!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No, this is a General Dicussion site..

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

actually, this is the "traditionally "styled" hot rods, customs & production cars" forum, on a hot rod site...

you wont find a "general discussion" forum anywhere on the HAMB

10. FLbones

FLbones

Nice find. Ford made quite a few of them, so make it safe to drive in traffic and change it as you go to suit your need for speed . Best of luck.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Why is it that when a decent old car is found the restoration/preservation crowd comes out of the woodwork. There are litterly thousands of old Fords that are correctly restored. If your a hot rodder, make a decent rod out of it without butchering it or turning it into a rat rod. If your a restorer............what are you doing here?

Frank

12. N2OLDTIN

N2OLDTIN
    from Oak Hills

I apologize if I posted a nice barn find on the hamb, I just thought if your a car guy you would enjoy seeing what is still hidden away. My two other cars both have big blocks and put over 500hp to the pavement so yes I'm a hot rodder. So just so you can sleep at night here is a pic of my 55. Sorry it's an older pic. since this was taken I pulled the motor that was in it and replaced it with a Blown 454. I'm sure it's not as nice as most but I drive my cars everyday and don't care if it doesn't shine like a new car.

13. N2OLDTIN

N2OLDTIN
    from Oak Hills

Here ya go

Attached Files:

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

Great Find!. Its kool to hear that these discovery's still happen, good luck with car, whatever you decide to do with it, great start for any direction. John

15. bgaro

bgaro

it's the kinda car that gets everyone thinking "what would i do to it". your in an enviable position. don't let the chatter get to ya. that thing is too cool.

16. slowmotion

slowmotion

Not a damn thing wrong with doing what YOU want with YOUR car. I missed where you stated a restoration was in the future. I guess anything less than a chop/channel/V8 is not HAMB friendly now. Piss fest be damned. You posted a great find, thank you.
    Sweet '55 btw.