Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally got on board!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ga55er, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Ga55er

Ga55er
    from Texas

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

So, in 1996 I bought a 55 chevy. First time in 14 years there's progress. Thought I'd chime in here and maybe get some help.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. Ga55er..for a lurker,you should know the workings here on the HAMB...READ the "sticky" at the top of this page...INTRODUCE YOURSELF...Then ask questions on the main message board where someone can help you..

3. Ditto ! and when you do those things, Welcome to the H.A.M.B.
    firstnomad

4. Ga55er

Ga55er
    from Texas

Dang! I thought I fixed it. Ok, I’ll try again…

Hi y’all I’m from Texas by way of Wisconsin. I got interested in hot rodding from my dad’s stories of drag racing his ’57 Chevy circa 1963 on Lead Foot Alley in Hampshire Illinois. It was very similar to “Paradise Road” but they grow corn instead of lettuce. I never saw this car but his stories made me want one with open exhaust via gas tank necks welded behind the manifold.

I spent a lot of time sniffing model glue as a kid. I started out building ‘57s but they were too Beach Boys and poodle skirts for me. I came to love the ’55 instead. You know the one I’m talking about.

After high school I embezzled money from the family farm to buy my first ’55 (pictured above.) I had to hide it in a buddy’s barn under a stolen tarp ‘til the heat blew over.

I never did anything to it because I spent too much time reading perfect billet rod magazines while working my way through college at Chief Auto Parts.

After many years of neglect, waiting for that single perfect point in time to start on the car, I attended Pistons and Paint, a traditional rod show put on by the Chupacabras in Denton, Texas. I was sold! Traditional hot rodding is the way for me!

Now, a friend and long time HAMBer is prodding me into giving it a go. Last week I took the first step. I picked up a ’56 Chevy truck axle with gasserous intent. No turning back now!

Just thought I’d get on the HAMB and say “Hi!” I’ll be asking for help later after I go beyond lurking. I hate newbs who start more threads than they participate in.

…How’s that?

5. Ya did good! It's an intro not war and peace Don't sweat the HAMB cops! Welcome to the darkside we got cookies!!

6. Ga55er

Ga55er
    from Texas

Cool!

Oh yeah, I’m also into old school go-karts. Single seater, live axle, no roll bars, no off road, no new fangled sidewinder racers. I prefer something out of a junkyard with a tiller motor and some history welded in.

And tractors. 1954 and older McCormick Farmall letter series. 1965 and older Oliver fleet line series. No cabs, no hydrostatic shift. Gearshift must come directly out of transmission. No green and yellow. Too much propensity to be featured in a CMT video.

Music? I play drums and listen Alt-Country. Slobberbone, Son-Volt, Uncle Tupelo, Two Cow Garage, Eleven Hundred Springs, Slick 57.

Glad to be here! Alright, off to gereal discussion to learn!

7. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB . Glad to see some enthusiasm

8. Looks to me that you'll fit right in! Welcome from Arkansas...

9. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.