Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally got myself a 49 Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Caddy-O, Mar 20, 2009.

1. teddyp

teddyp

i think the thead was by unionvillhaunt pm chirs he has done alot of merc,s andhas some good ideals on merc,s:cool:

2. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

good job man. i finally got mine about 8 months ago. like you, this is the car that i had always dreamed about

3. smarg

smarg

wow, nice start

4. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Someday I'll own a Merc?

5. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

...May we all get the Merc of our dreams someday....

Here's a few more photos of the chop. When I get the car back to my place I'll start a build thread on it....so stay tuned.

Attached Files:

6. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

looks fun! put a sun roof in it! haha! imagine that.

red necks with a torch and welder come up with some crazy shit....never know!

does look like a nice car!

7. BeatUpFleetline

BeatUpFleetline

8. Cool Merc. '49-'51 Merc is number two on my list of crap I have got to own before I die.

9. The Shocker

The Shocker

I owned a 51 Merc tudor once ,however i was 16 and it wasnt nearly as solid as your 49 is.I only paid $395.00 for it and it was a tudor ,so you can imagine what shape it was in.It never got finished because i got into girls ,and i didnt have much $ as a teenager .My dad hauled it off to some land in the country he owned and it sat there for a few years.One day i got interest in it again and decided to go get it and haul it back home to mess with it .When i got out there with a trailer to pick it up ,it was gone .Thats right, someone stole it .It was sitting on some land ,out east of Denton Texas and it was about 92 or so when it was stolen.If the person that snagged it is reading this ,i hope your happy for stealing a young mans dream .BTW ,i dig your 49 ,and good luck with it.I hope to own another 49-51 tudor one day ...

10. Ford406go

Ford406go

Know how you feel...and felt ! Am 50 years old... owned every 63 ford that ever was. Always wanted a decent 63 Mercury Maruarder, but couldn't find one that I could afford or was worthy of the money.Thanks to e-bay, I waited til the auction ended... No sale... called the guy... Going after it the week of Oct.12... and can't WAIT ! Feel like a kid in a candy store. Congrats !!!!! Happy Motoring.

11. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Thanks for the update!

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Damn man I'm off here for a month and you got yerself a chopped Merc. Lookin killer! Did you ever sell that 4 door? I tried to line up shipping but nothing worked out. I'm finishing up a 50 2 dr up here then starting on a rotted to death 49 2 dr, thinking of doing a Rebel Without a Cause thing with it. Can't wait to see the updates and if ya need anything gimme a shout!

13. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

14. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Oh and there is a pic of my old 50 Merc floating around here, it was a satin black car with lowered tail lights, so you can see it. Prostockjohn's merc progress thread I think?

15. CQQL-Good for you! Keep us posted on the progress!:)

16. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

haha...

nice merc...

17. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Thanks for the support everyone... I appreciate all your comments.

18. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Chris...I still have the 4 door chopped Merc... It's been to the swap meet a couple of times and got a lot of trade offers but no one seems to have the cash... pretty common deal these days.