Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects finally got my long desired 34 3 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Jul 19, 2013.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I would like to find it, even if I decide not to use that color .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I was sitting in the 34 with the doors closed shifting gears and making engine sounds..
    Waiting in to window crank to come in. And I started finishing all the body work inside the car, smoothing out seams and edges.
    Pictures make it look rough but it really looks great inside !
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390018558.065960.jpg

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Haven't done much other than finish all the inside of the car. All the inner brackets and tubing is done.
    Spent a few hours sitting in the seat figuring how i want things .. So I broke out the torches and fixed the shifter that was way to far forward for the chopped and channeled body
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390186774.548451.jpg

4. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Hand stripping the hood .. Louvers are terrible to do! But It looks good and they are extremely straight
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390248945.684703.jpg

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390255895.172141.jpg

6. Xman

Xman

Wish you would stop working so fast, your embarrassing me!

7. I'm really enjoying following along as you piece this car together. Thanks for sharing the build with us!

8. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Piecing it together for sure... It's Taking time. But it's coming along better than I had in mind.. One guy has really helped me with parts for this car.. Every real 34 Part came from him.
    Thanks dom!

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I've messed with it for a few days and the hell with it. I'll see the blue when I spray the damn thing with paint !

10. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Atleast you have a bad ass steel car!
    Love what you have done with it

11. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I made all the glass templates today. I was going to send them to Chris, but a local shop will do me all 3 windows and the windshield in the 1/4 safety glass for $140... I can't beat that with a stick!
    So Friday the templates will go up there and get made into real pieces..
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390446116.438637.jpg

12. Wow! Getting things done in record time.

13. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I bought this car 6/19/2013
    It's come along ways since. Hoping to have it done in less than a year
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390564059.216582.jpg

14. druids62

druids62

The sign in the previous photo says "Model A parking only" so.................... I'll make you an even trade. LOL!!

15. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Lol I bet you would. :). I may be selling this 3 window shell all completed ready for paint . I found a steel 5 window I may be buying and I will need to make some of the cash back that went out for the steel car
    We will see

16. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

OOOOOO man.... U have come a lone way,s on the car that u started with.... She is deff bad to the bone ben.....

17. Can't belive you are thinking of selling this cool build. Give me a shot at it if you do.

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I would only be selling the shell, and I doubt it will happen. The steel car is just out of my budget ... I'll keep my glass one till I find the right deal on a real one.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I gave the good a thick coat of high build primer . Much better . It's very straight .. Much better than I figured. It's a lot easier to see with an even color on it
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390781594.357085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390781613.715419.jpg

20. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Nice looks great. I want to see it done soo close...

21. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I forgot to add I bough a nice original speedometer , and I ordered new steel glass channels .. So now I can fit them on my templates to make sure where they need to go. The off to Meadville plate glass to get the windows and windshield made.!! Then it will time to bond the doors on. After that, it's all down hill..

My plan is to get the entire car done accept the engine.. Once it's all done ready for paint, I will tear it down for paint. At that time the flatty is going to my buddy Denny at Ashcraft speed an marine. He is a flathead expert! It's getting an all new stroker rotating assembly, isky 400jr cam, oversized stainless valves, and a lot of relief work done. Also at that time were going to tear the trans down , polish all the gears, check all the bearing tolerances, and make it good to go for bonneville!

I'm considering dropping the car down a little more. I wanted to straighten the rear crossmember out a little, reverse the front spring, that should be enough to suit me. It's just too far of a step down to the ground getting out of it right now ;)

You guys may call me crazy, but here is what I wanna do before I'm 30.....
    I made a deal on a belly tank from an undisclosed hamber..... I want to build a legal S.C.T.A. Tank .. Flathead powered, wide five wheels, use a model a front axle, 40 rear with 3.25 gears, or a QC...
    I want to mirror polish the tank with the p40 shark nose and red cone on the front...
    Anyways I want to build a single axle trailer, with tear drop fenders, and tow it to bonneville behind the 34........
    Sound crazy??

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  22. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Build it the way you want & dont worry about others if you listen to all the "Id DO THIS IF I WERE BUILDING IT" youll never get it built

23. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Looking really good.

You do the bonniville thing let me know I would like to follow out in one of my old cars and check out speed week.

24. Bob181

Bob181

That is another thing on my bucket list. Bonneville. Nice car

25. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I know the feeling. The only way I could possibly get into a 3w (32-34) is a glass one. I LOVE my 5w, but already looking for another project to park next to the 5w. I have no problem with owning a glass car, if its a quality product. The 32 3w's are almost untouchable.

26. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

im building how i want.. exactly how I want it. thats why im going through the headaches of atleast making it appear steel.

ooo were doing the bonneville thing for sure! as of right now we have speed week of 2015 planned. you still have my cell # i belive. get ahold of me

its something i want to do and i think alot of hotrodders need to do.. see the birth of hot rodding and see what it was all about,

my thoughts exactly. i always wanted a rolling bones car. however they are never able to be found/afforded...
    so someday if i decide to build one, i will be buying a brand new brookville shell, chopping the hell out of the roof and making a bones car. reguardless if its FORD or not, its what you have to do sometimes to get what you want

27. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

exactly.....

28. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

My speedometer came today.. It looks great but the return spring for the needle is broken and the drive rod inside is stiff. Anyone rebuild these?? I got a good deal on it so I wanna fix it. Also I called a few gauge company's and. I've found a set that match closely , I'm going to order them . The ones in it are temps

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390856992.061070.jpg

29. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390911695.045115.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390911712.261755.jpg

30. This is a way cool build...loving the extra mile your going to make it look factory...
    exactly how i would do it.

Being in England original steel is usually very hard to find especially coupes, not so much sedans or vicky's..and usually way out of budget for the working class...well me anyway...

Glass tends to fare better over here with our climate than steel does.

I'm still holding onto the dream that one day I may own a steel 3 window coupe...

Jay