Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. That tunnel ram is one of the parts I don't need but hate to get rid of. I put a lot of work into that to get it to run just right.
    I am putting the current small block in the J into the T, little to much but what the hell.

2. Hey, Phil, if you would quit wasting money on stupid stuff like pacemakers, you would have more to spend on car parts! Also looks like you could squeak one more car into that garage!!-MIKE:p:D

3. Clik

Clik

I've got an electrical prob too. Heart jumps like a frog leg in a hot pan sometimes. I got shocked real bad once and wonder if that caused it. There's been talk of a pacemaker but so far I'm getting by. At least you were able to get past that batch of recalled pace makers. My buddy no sooner got his and they recalled it. Another friend had his heart shaved. It was supposed to grow new nerves. He said that didn't work and has had some bad experiences.

4. Clik that's some weird sounding stuff, shaving a heart and all. They actually make pacemakers right near me here, so hopefully mine is good. I got a little light headed yesterday while unloading the new 540 for my old truck but after sitting for a spell it seamed to be ok.
    Here's a video of the 489 mill running

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_Oeqp0Tdl1E?list=UUD5Zht0uezUqgwx73nKX0Dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  5. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Phil. Big block sounds good. I would think that should keep you heart pounding for a while.

6. Clik

Clik

Smooth.

How do I send a Private Message on this new format?

7. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two ways to do it. Click on the envelope ,second from the right, (next to the lighting bolt) and on the drop down menu click on "start a conversation". Or, you can click on the person's name (below their avatar) and that brings up a profile page, and you will see "start a conversation there" also. Good luck.

9. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

You've made the right choice! (says the guy planning a BB from the beginning)

Sorry to hear of your heart troubles. Hopefully I'm not headed down the same road. I think we're not too far apart in age.

Devin

10. Thanks guys, slowly we'll get this thing together.

11. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Enjoyed reading your build thread, bet you missed the racing this year, be interesting to see the difference with the big block in there.

swade41 likes this.
  12. Let the reign of the big block begin !

[​IMG]

lawman and 9sectruck like this.
  13. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

cool, that motor is going in the T?

14. Yes it is, it's about 10 feet away from it now and just begging to get in that 1800 pound car...lol

If I only could outsmart this phone and figure out how to post picts with it.

15. 20141109_143626.jpg By golly push enough buttons, anyhow it needs to go back a few more inches. Pretty amazed at how close it is but looks are deceiving.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

hey is that the air cleaner i gave to Leroy?

17. No, I got this one from Taylor a few years back, just a wall hanger

18. I sliced the firewall enough to get the engine mated up to the trans and put the 165 tire and rims on. The headers are all over the tires of course but there is some room to slide further back yet.

[​IMG]

here you can see the space but it does get tricky on the bottom near collector

[​IMG]

19. Saxxon

Saxxon

what headers are those ?
    They look like they might work for my wagon project

20. Clik

Clik

I had a 5" Diesel exhaust (not as hot and all the way at the rear axle of a sport cab dually) cook an airbag and it wasn't as close as your headers. I realize that a tire turns, but it also spends a fair amount of time sitting still. A chicken on a rotiserrie eventually gets cooked all the way around. I'm sure you've thought about all hat though.

21. The headers are from Speedway, tri 5 fender well actually made by Patriot. I need way more clearance for those front tire smashing wheelies !
    Got my NOS tunnel ram today and of course it's not rectangle port like advertised. That stuff pisses me off !

22. Looks plenty cool and even had the 21 year old newspaper packing still in it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

550Coupe likes this.
  23. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Looking good!

I have a buddy that has one with a BB sitting less than 1/2" from his stock firewall. His headers were custom built for the install. It is possible to do without cutting. I'm planning on setting mine back a ways (probably 5-6") into the firewall.

Devin

24. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Phil. The new frame and straight axle will solve this clearance problem. That still in the plans for this winter ?

25. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Great to see you back at it Phil. Bad moon is going to howl with the new mill. Hope to see it out our way this summer.

26. Frame and axle are still very much in the plans, car won't come back out without them. Come to think of it the axle has been out in the garage almost a year now !
    Since I had a snow day yesterday here in Buffalo I turned it into a fun day. I cut the last remains of the old school wheelbarrow out and put the engine in its final postion.
    [​IMG] I'm happy with the outcome, looks just right to me and think the windshield will have plenty support.
    [​IMG]

27. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Looking good! How is the clearance on the headers now?

Devin

28. Hey, Phil. I got all your fuckin' snow here, ready for you to pick up! Come get it before it melts.MIKE:p:D

By the way, don't happen to have a spare front end loader, do ya?

29. Headers still don't fit and Mike I got another foot of snow last night, I'll pass on any more.

30. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Big block looks sweet in there, will you have to change the rear plugs and alter the timing from inside the car though? I know theres not a lot of room at the back of the motor in those ole Henrys.
    Another foot of snow already! I always complain about the weather in England, think I'll keep my mouth shut in future.