Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Thanks, the Gold Cup is the big event in August, lots and lots of nostalgia gassers will be there.

2. Today I cleared DMV and have plates for the J !!!!!
    I dropped off some tires and rims to get swapped around so I can get some street tires on it, look out streets HERE I COME ! booohhooooohaaahaaaa

3. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Gotta post some pictures of it with the new tread!
    On another note I go both my J's home yesterday!

4. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Alright Phil! Great progress.

5. papajohn

papajohn

6. captmullette

captmullette

who is your insurance company,??

7. Mister Nasty

Mister Nasty

That Thing is way cool....great job!!!!

8. Why do you work for them ?????

9. Congrats on getting yours home.

These are the tires and I put them on my burnout rims off the t-bucket, sticking with the stuff I had laying around theme . The rims are off a full size Dodge van, look kinda like a cop car rally with little slots around the outside edge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks perfect ! What a nasty, little car. Great work.
    [​IMG]

11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Iam gonna try real hard to get me and junior out to the strip this summer.Nice job Phil.

12. Thanks guys.

Well today after work I took it around the block, it felt great so I went for the "double" block right away. Pulled back in, checked it out and nothing leaking.....hell yeah !
    So now I have put off cooking dinner long enough, I told them after the first drive..lol After dinner The 15 year old wants to go for a ride, I'm like sure and ran out there. First stop has to be the gas station, just a few blocks away. I get in it a bit and feels strong,she says the speedometer does't work, I chuckle and ask how does it feel ? I pull into the pumps and people are coming over looking at it, I field a few questions and sure as shit it starts to rain.
    I pump in 6 gallons, still answering questions and say "No, there's no wipers". Then it dawns on me the t-bucket is sitting in the front lawn getting soaked too. One guy blocks traffic so I can pull out so once it's straight I hit the gas a bit, the headers blast as the tires get loose ! I'm off the gas and just having a great time, raining or not I didn't even care. I'm driving my freaking Henry J down the road, life is good !

Freaky1 likes this.
  13. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Life is good" is right ! Nothing like that first ride .Congratulations !

14. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations Philip!

15. I know it went down the track last year but this street thing is different, like you're doing something illegal..lol I'm already looking for the next dry day and the weekend !

16. cakes

cakes

That video honestly made my night, Love me some priest

17. Awesome machine! Good times ahead.

18. Ruggie

Ruggie

Awsome i wan't one!

19. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Sounds like a great 1st street drive, and a better memory for you and your daughter. :)

20. What did I tell ya Phil....

I told you ya' gotta put it on the road.

Ain't nothin' like drivin' your race car on da' street!

You takin' it to the swap meet Saturday?

21. 36joe

36joe
    from Tennessee

Lovin the "J"
    Prior post implied you were going to paint the cooler....Won't that be detrimental to it,s performance?

22. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Dayum, that sounds good! :cool:

23. Clik

Clik

Between keeping a bunch of overgrown babies (employees) in line and customers that all want something for nothing these days, I can barely find time to work on my HJ. Therefore I am nixing everything I can. My wipers will consist of RainX.

24. novabbc

novabbc

I want a ride!

25. Got home tonight, checked the oil and went on a 30 minute ride to a cruise night. At 3 grand it's freaking loud and sounds tight. It idles at the stop lights fine and by the time I had caught about the 6th one the temp had climbed to 190 but didn't get much higher thankfully. The convertor is a little loose but it winds up once rolling, didn't screw around gassing it, just get it there and back mode....lol
    I was only able to stay at the cruise for an hour before I had to take off and head for home. I was like a little kid when I hopped out of it, all smiles, the t-bucket is quite docile compared to this thing...lol

26. to the local one in West Seneca, not the Rochester one

I need a hand tuning....lol

27. I just fogged some color on it, nothing thick, if it hurts the cooling I'll strip it off

28. Thanks everyone, getting some online kudos lets me know the hard work pays off. Next week is the season opener !

29. 1arock

1arock

Hey Phil,
    Glad to see you got it going your way, looks killer man enjoy.
    Rocky

30. Lets see, I have been driving it every day since last Wed. it's stiff,noisy and drinks a lot ha ha
    I hope to get it out today and open it up a bit, yesterday I had it about 3 grand in high gear and flashed the gas pedal, the suspension came up and it was wanting to go. I'd like to get a few seconds of W.O.T. to see if everything is good, the first race of the season is 6 days away !

[​IMG]

Freaky1 likes this.