Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally got a dream car of mine 1960 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raidmagic, Dec 23, 2011.

1. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yeah I've seen that before, that guy has tons of talent and desire, amazing saving that car.

2. slammed

slammed

Good looking start. Here is an item I put on my '61:[​IMG] You'll love the results.

3. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Since you are using a '62 frame, what about using a '62 floor pan? That way any difference in the frame wouldn't matter.
    I don't know if it would work, but the sheet metal might be cheaper since '62 are more popular.

4. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

5. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

One of my best friends 1st car back in 1970,it was blue, and it had no rear floors or trunk floor back then, 6 cyl, but we had a blast.

6. raidmagic

raidmagic

I had that same thought when I saw the prices of the sheetmetal. I was hoping someone could answer on if that would work or not

7. raidmagic

raidmagic

Got the parts car home today so hopefully I can get my other car finished up this week and get these in the shop and get to work.

[​IMG]

8. chris55

chris55

Looks like a good start. Just happens to be one of my bucket list cars.

9. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very nice Biscayne...and looks like it will make a great project.
    I like Biscayne's a lot...(Gee go figure!!)
    Good for you.
    And just my opinion, but if the frame cut and weld was decently done, I would not be in a hurry to change the frame......would modify the floors if not too radical instead.
    Good luck, and keep us in Pics..
    Cheers........

10. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

When you said you had a '62 for parts, my mind just pictured some beat up 4-door post (sorry, 4-door fans) not a Impala hardtop!

I love the fact that this time it is going the other way. It's like revenge for all the Biscaynes and cheap body styles that were sacrificed for hardtops and convertible restorations. :D

Although that '62's body doesn't look half bad.

11. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I love my 60. It rides really nice and cruises well on the highway.. I drove it to lake erie last october.. What a blast.. Congrats and enjoy!

12. Zeke

Zeke

Nice to see another one saved. Body looks way better than mine. I think I'd rather deal with that than swapping those frames.

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yeah I got a kick out of that when I saw the parts car too. The body on the 62 really isn't that bad at all, other than needing floors and lower rear quarters it's a really solid body. Hopefully someone will be able to use it, I'm not going to cut it up right away.

Putting floors in it is a more dauting task to me than the frame swap. Besides I got a gantry crane for Christmas from my awesome wife!!
    Not the best picture but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

14. elwyndavenport@hotmail.co

[email protected]

How's it goin on your Chevy? I just got on HAMB and I'll be watching for your comments and pics. I just think 60 was the best year.

15. raidmagic

raidmagic

Things are coming along nicely. I got the 2 door stripped down and ready to be removed from the frame and I scored a 4 door for a donor and the bonus is after some time working on it and a few quarts of trans fluid I actually drove it around the yard so I can make my money back on the parts car selling the drivetrain.