Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Gettin' Into It

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Big Red Rat, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Big Red Rat

Big Red Rat
    from Hartly, DE

After teenage years with no means to really get into rods, finally able to settle down and play catch-up. First real rod was 23 T-bucket (only one ever registered in Germany). After retiring from Army, finally found 50 Chevy P/U I could afford, thankfully discovered Rat Rods befor spending bucks on fancy paint. Tried out Rat look on my '90 Chevy P/U (with 340,000 miles not rally worth expensive paint), love the old school look. Still striping bikes and cars with old school mix. So, until, with the help of this forum, I can build a real rod, I'll plug olong on my '50 "Shop Rod"

2. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Show us some pics of your rat rods and welcome to the HAMB!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. Welcome, but do your research here. It's NOT a rat anything site. It's a traditional rods and customs site.

4. Big Red Rat

Big Red Rat
    from Hartly, DE

Thanks for the welcome. The '50 will be traditional rod, though not too over done. Will be a daily (almost) driver, except for heavy fog and ice. Looking to see how these trucks were done by rodders of the 50's and 60's. Kind of like a rodded shop truck. Soon as I can figure it out, I'll put a picture or two on.

5. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool, welcome to the hamb!!!!!!!!!!

6. welcome from ms. you could try this for AD truckers..
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=132
    lots of like minded people but lose the ratrod lingo ..

7. Big Red Rat

Big Red Rat
    from Hartly, DE

Thanks guys, I got it. I do prefer paint to rust. I'm not always sure if my truck rates "Hot Rod" status. Though it does now have a V8, and will be lower come spring, so it'll be closer than it is now. Looking forward to learning something about Rods.