Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally found it....32 ford 5 window....**lots more pics added per request** Post #77

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clutch-burner, Oct 19, 2012.

1. eightbanger

eightbanger

Doesn't get much better than that. Congrats, awesome score.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hush up, you...

I have pieces...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Not overwhelming in the least. That is my tentative plans except I was gonna box in the frame that's there already

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

NO ...
    But I bet he still has a BIG STACK of recipts from his last 32 build :D:eek:

5. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Welcome aboard the Deuce club !!!! Have fun this winter righting the wrongs and drive the wheels off it. Oh, no winters down Texas. Well you know what I mean.

6. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Sure looks like a Model A frame to me to.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Congratulations! Nice find! Bob

8. Elrod

Elrod

Wow. Great job! Can't wait to see it running around town!

9. daddyos

daddyos
    from Reno, NV

Nice..... The hard part is over... Now enjoy!

10. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

How many guys with 28-31's with deuce grills are in that club? just as many I bet...:D

11. All that torque in a lil deuce coupe is gonna be big fun! Congrats on the score.

12. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Congrats, now that you have one in the garage you've won half the battle!

13. 296ardun

296ardun

Congratulations and welcome to the HAMB...great score, keep us posted on your progress...

14. zippin da lip zzzzzzp

15. Congrats, there is no feeling like FINALLY hauling home "the one".

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. I'm movin to Texas...the bigger the state the bigger the find! Great job. Enjoy every minute of the build.

17. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Ok everyone...here are a ton more pics of the 5 window. Some things I forgot to mention is it has a full set of vintage VDO gauges, BM shifter and autometer tach and trans temp. The rear window still rolls up and down also. Notice the pic of the trans the whole tailshaft is broken off

I also included pics of my t-bucket frame that was all built right here in the garage except for the front axle assembly. So whatever fabrication is needed on my 32 I should be able to take care of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  18. BobcatBob

BobcatBob

Congratulations!!

19. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Let's see that google street view of it. Salt in wounds kind of thing.

20. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

suggestion. Put the BBC in the T-bucket, slap on a body and turn it for cash. use cash to build a proper frame for the deuce.

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Well, you've got some cleaning up to do and a whole lotta funkiness to strip off but it's a deuce 5W.

Bigger names have started with a lot less than you have there. Get to work. :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

That's what I'd do.

23. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

The T-bucket is for sale. That's the whole reason I started building it. The motor for the T bucket is actually on an engine stand right in front of the deuce. The glass tub and pickupbed is there too

24. 18n57

18n57

x2
    Such a nice find deserves a good foundation. Congrats!!

25. Welcome to the HAMB!

I think that you need to sell it to me (since I've lusted for one for years) , and use the money to finish your "T".:rolleyes:

Seriously, it looks like you have a LOT of work ahead of you to salvage the previous efforts on this car. No better place to start than the HAMB! Do a search on 32 5w's for some beautiful examples; there are some talented folks on here.

26. I've seen it sitting there for a few years. Just never thought to stop and ask if it was for sale. PM me what you paid so I can see if I feel stupid for not checking on it.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Hey everyone
    Little update on my 32
    So I have to find a transmission for my T so I figured I would fiddle around with the coupe for a bit.
    Now keep in mind that when I got her the transmission is shredded and blown off the mount, so the engine is tilted backwards quite a bit
    So I started pulling the plugs and checking them out and I pulled 7 that looked dirty but decent (there is after all a POS GM HEI in it,,whaddya expect?) when i got to #8 water came pouring out as I removed the plug :eek:

Great I thought...cracked head or block..just what I need

Now I am not so sure and let me tell you why.

I figured I would go ahead toniight and pull the heads off and as I got the intake manifold off the back 4 intake runners were all full of water. Just happens that #8 cylinder that poured water out the plug hole had the valve open...the others didnt

I took special note of the water that was present in the runners, clear and a bit rusty.

After I pulled the intake (I had assumed the radiator and block were empty) I disconnected the lower rad hose and out came anti-freeze just as neon GREEN as could be. When I pulled the block drains...same thing.

Is it possible that enough water had gotten thru the air filter to fill the rear ports? It HAD after all sat there for 6 years.

The water that was in the intake runners didn't smell nor taste of the slightest bit of antifreeze.

It's all goin to the machine shop regardless for a good hot tank and cleaning

28. DualQuadFury

DualQuadFury

Congrats!....I got my Deuce from a gov't auction!...I know EXACTLY how you feel...p.s..please lose the model A grill...

29. someone - or two somebodies were posting 32 frames for sale in Arlington a while back on CL....thought they were both repo's and Brian Bass was mentioned as a constructor on one - they were bare frames I recall....

30. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

I saw that also....and for what he wants for it he is still trying to sell it....been on there for months
    For that price the guy can keep it
    I'll make do with what I already got

Already picked up another tubo400 trans
    Now for a driveshaft