Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally back to work on the wagon!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leon, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Leon

Leon

After not driving or working on my 54 wagon for almost two years, I finally got back to it. I didn't like the stock tailgate and tried a few things with it but wasn't happy with the direction that it was going in. So I decided to take the skin off and reskin it smooth. I'm doing it in two pieces because it's easier to get half pieces in the slip roll and english wheel. There is a flange down the middle that I've used the shrinker on so the panel has the proper curve, and it now provides support for the panel. I had to make tipping dies for the bead roller so I could roll the edge over, and with the one side tacked in place the fit is pretty good. When I'm done it will have five vertical strips to break up the size of the panel similar to the later Nomads. It's hard to see in the picture, but the panel breaks in several different directions to match the curvature of the original door.

Attached Files:

2. codeblu

codeblu

That'll look slick when you're finished. nice wagon.