Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally a 1940 Ford Coupe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Mar 3, 2016.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Don
    In the very early 80's, my wife and I visited relatives near Paducah, Kentucky, took in the ?River City? shindig and stopped by the Calhoun shop before leaving town Monday morning.
    Those guys never seen a hair on my head before that, treated me so well, even sent me back to Portland with a couple of their shop T's. Nice part of the country to visit too.
    Went through the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green, and sneaked into the grounds of Beech Bend raceway, was closed but got a look at those cool covered grandstands. Even went out on Lake Cumberland in my BIL's bass boat for an "outside" look at the "Castle" near Eddyville, for those that don't know what that is Google it.
    Oh, one more thing, at the rod show, I saw a pretty rare car, a 32 (ish) Buick IIRC, I think it was called a five passenger Coupe, street/hot rod, haven't seen one since.
    Jogged memories indeed.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    arkiehotrods and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. zjerry

zjerry

Congrats Looks Nice..

arkiehotrods likes this.
  3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

As Duncan said, we were neighbors for awhile, Orville's 40 was top notch and he drove the wheels off of it. He talked me into following him to Louisville one year, wanted me to drive my 40 [the one Arkie referred to] with it's 283 and original drive train. I backed out at the last minute due to some problem with my 40 and drove my daily. Man, I have never gotten somewhere so far away in such a short time. Orville knows how to build a hot rod. It was Peoples Choice at the 73 Nats and was just beautiful. Hope he redoes it soon.
    [​IMG]

4. 1940 coupe

1940 coupe
    from nj

cool car enjoy

arkiehotrods likes this.
  5. Couldn't be happier for you Duncan!! So awesome you finally got a '40....two great cars one garage. I look forward to seeing it in person.

LOL Hey now Tim, I'm using those white walls these days...unlike when he borrowed them last time (they were brand new at the time)...

IMG_0528.JPG

Classic!! :D

6. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Story! Also your bucket list of 59 cars you want, I gave up the bucket list of cars I'd like to own, I'll just take 1 of each make model & year prior to 1963, that should do it! lol. Enjoy your coupe!

arkiehotrods likes this.
  7. LOL. Note to self, always borrow tires before doing burnouts. Thanks, Duncan!

Actually, I am very relieved that you finally got a '40. One less guy asking if I'll sell mine! LOL

arkiehotrods likes this.
  8. BTW...I've got a '40 axle hanging in my garage that I'd loan ya as a core to send to Sid. I'm also REALLY happy with the Posies reversed eye spring that I used in the front of my truck. Between one of those and a dropped axle, you could really get that hound dog stance. ;-)

lothiandon1940 and arkiehotrods like this.
  9. Great story and 40 Duncan! Looking forward to seeing it later this month in Springfield. And, I could relay Bret's axle back if needed. ;)