Register now to get rid of these ads!

filler neck connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fire chief, Dec 30, 2008.

1. fire chief

fire chief
    from PA

btmatt, after installing mustang gas tank in your 57 chevy pickup truck, what filler neck was used to connect to gas tank and accept a gas cap

2. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

i believe the are built right in to the tank, unless it had to be cut and lengthened

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

4. btmatt

btmatt

Fire Chief, To be honest, Life has happened and I have not had time to mess with the truck lately; hopefully the new year will shine on me and I will be able to find some garage time again.

My plan was to cut the neck off of a B-body GM (mid 60's vintage) and re-work to fit. Back-up plan was to have something bent at the muffler shop and re-attach the the filler ring from the original neck.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

In Mustangs and Falcons and Fairlanes where this style tank is found the filler neck is a separate piece that bolts into the back panel of the car between the taillamps. It is connected to the tanks by a short piece of gas filler hose held by two clamps.

If the tank is easy to remove where you are using it and the filler neck would be no problem it would likely be best to weld it to the tank rather than use the connector hose.