Register now to get rid of these ads!

filler neck connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fire chief, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. fire chief
    Joined: Dec 4, 2008
    Posts: 11

    fire chief
    from PA

    btmatt, after installing mustang gas tank in your 57 chevy pickup truck, what filler neck was used to connect to gas tank and accept a gas cap
  2. pugs
    Joined: Dec 18, 2008
    Posts: 499

    from Hamburg Pa

    i believe the are built right in to the tank, unless it had to be cut and lengthened
  3. fiftyv8
    Joined: Mar 11, 2007
    Posts: 5,211

    from CO & WA

  4. btmatt
    Joined: Nov 15, 2006
    Posts: 227


    Fire Chief, To be honest, Life has happened and I have not had time to mess with the truck lately; hopefully the new year will shine on me and I will be able to find some garage time again.

    My plan was to cut the neck off of a B-body GM (mid 60's vintage) and re-work to fit. Back-up plan was to have something bent at the muffler shop and re-attach the the filler ring from the original neck.

  5. pasadenahotrod
    Joined: Feb 13, 2007
    Posts: 11,776

    from Texas

    In Mustangs and Falcons and Fairlanes where this style tank is found the filler neck is a separate piece that bolts into the back panel of the car between the taillamps. It is connected to the tanks by a short piece of gas filler hose held by two clamps.

    If the tank is easy to remove where you are using it and the filler neck would be no problem it would likely be best to weld it to the tank rather than use the connector hose.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.