Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fiberglass stuff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j walking, Feb 16, 2016.

1. j walking

j walking

Hey guys! Thinking about getting back into fiberglass and wondering if there would be any interest in parts or whole bodies? Have a lot of Mopar and vega molds and would like imput on anything that anyone would like to see reproduced. Have 25+ years making parts and make my own molds. So if your looking for something let me know. Thanks J Walking (Jeff)

turboroadster likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

post some pics of glass "stuff" that you have already produced - '65 & older

3. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

There was a couple months there that I would have paid for a set of glass 27 T open car doors! I eventually found nice steel ones but they've gotten scarce enough that I would have put them on if I could have found them.

4. alchemy

alchemy

My brother and I were just talking last weekend about the lack of good quality fiberglass Vega parts. It's a greatly underserved market. (no, not really)

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

How about some 61 chevy parts got anything?

6. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

32 - 34 Ford pickup doors

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  7. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

55 ford car hood.

8. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

Front fenders and/or one piece front ends for 53-64 Studebaker Coupes and Hawks. Same for `50 bullet nose Studes.

LOST ANGEL and Terrible80 like this.
  9. I would think that glass fenders and hoods would be popular with the mid '50s to mid '60s go fast crowd, race weight of course, if the part is heavier than the original it has no value for the go fast crowd.

maybe you could offer one off parts using the builders originals to pull molds off of.

For me the only glass parts I would want for the A would be the cowl, hood and grill shell after I am done making it the way that I want from the original parts. I could sure stand to loose another 35 or so pounds. :rolleyes:

mad mikey likes this.
  10. Some A parts would be nice.:D

11. Phil1934

Phil1934

A one piece Model Y (13/16 scale '34) convertible medium boy (bobbed stock rears and cycle fronts) with track nose like this full size one. Flange it for a steel floor and firewall and add a rollbar and you are good to 11.00 second quarters. Nice alternative to a T bucket. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    patmanta likes this.
  12. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

13. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

glass tilt front ends for gassers, altered bodies :cool:

Scottrodsllc likes this.
  14. j walking

j walking

have a set of molds for 32-34 ford truck doors. any interest?

Max Gearhead likes this.
  15. Yes

16. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

'57 ford lift off hood. Sedan doors.

17. Smoothy

Smoothy

Tri Five fenders, hoods, deck lids. Someone is always building a gasser from one of these.

vintagedrags, slack and hipster like this.
  18. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Lol... Tucker body....

thehotrodguy and Squablow like this.
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

20. bob b.

bob b.
    from peoria az.

sounds like there is some money to be maid

21. GTS225

GTS225

***************************************************************************************

Well, as long as we're talking whole bodies, I'd be interested in an accurate '55-'60 BMW 300 Isetta shell. It would be even better if it were molded in panel sections just like the original steel.

Roger

22. rooman

rooman

Already available (really!!!)

Roo

23. oldolds

oldolds

While we are discussing this, is anyone making a mid-year Corvette body that is close enough to stock to take stock windows?

24. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I would first talk to some people who are currently in the business and see how their sales are holding up. I know that FG bodies from some large companies have experienced a big decline in sales over the past few years. I have built several and like them but the residual on FG cars is way down compared to the steel bodies. Perhaps later models would be more attractive but I am not knowledgable about those years. Do your research before investing.

Scottrodsllc likes this.
  25. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Model Y roadster drag racing - yes Land Speed No,,, American roadsters only in the Roadster Class
    Photo is a Fuel Modified Roadster

26. I don't know about that but I am still holding out for a steel corvette body. If someone starts repopping them in steel I want to be first in line for one. :rolleyes:

27. Any 32 Ford parts, early 30s Chevy fenders.
    Here's an idea I've been thinking on, kinda ot.
    I've been reading to much about driverless cars, and the future of motoring.
    Thinking about glass engines, hollow and set up for mounting electric motors inside.
    When the Govts outlaw gasoline powered cars, we can swap out our old engines for these things, and still use our rides.
    There, that's out there, and you all probably now think I'm on better drugs than y'all.

chevy57dude likes this.
  28. Naw, I am not doing any drugs at all today (rare) and think that is a good idea. Well for all you sissys anyway. I'm just going to be an *outlaw, because there is no new thing under the sun and I have always just been an outlaw.

*note the use of lower case o in outlaw, I am not affiliated with that club and as a matter of fact I don't even like those guys. :D

kiwijeff and chevy57dude like this.
  29. ^ Never heard of a drug strong enough to cure the dreaded 'glass itch!

kiwijeff likes this.
  30. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Really?! O shit... Where?