Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fiberglass rodders are people to

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinys Used Casket Salvage, Apr 21, 2007.

1. so i made the noraml 6 mile commute to work this morning on the interstate in the fleetline, and came to a stop around a corner when i saw a 34 ford broke down on the side of the road, smokin to beat hell. I pulled over behind the guy and got out to see what the problem was "It's overheatin'" he says, now im lookin at this car and any idiot could tell it was glass.... typical cracks and knicks told the story, now im not a fan of glass cars, to me they are reserved for the older folks trying to fit into the crowd.. (no offense old timers) of course not to say there aint some older guys and gals out there who like true hot rods.. anyways, there was a voice in my head that told me to leave the guy and laugh as i smoked the tires away from the scene, but this guy seemed kool so i gave him a ride back into town so he could get ahold of someone who could help him out. i gave him a ride because he shares the passion i have, and that passion is cars gut wrenching, throw you back into your seat hot rods. i told some guys at work about the ordeal and they laughed, telling me i should have left his dumbass on the side of the road but domestic car guys gotta stick together so we are not overrun by rice burning fart can honda's. so i encourage you to help a hot rodder in distress wether he or she is driving a full body'd steel 49 merc or a fiberglass rod.:cool:

2. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Kool man..you are good guy.
    i would have helped too.it dont matter to me.
    at least he got to ride in a real steel car..

3. johnnykck

johnnykck

I would have stopped and helped him also, if I ever break down for some reason I'd be glad if a fiberglass car or any other for that matter stopped to help.

4. 63Compact

63Compact

A Hotrod is a Hotrod glass or not, but then again I got a tin one and a plastic one so I could be bias!

5. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Some guyz build Fiber until they get the same car in steel for a reasonable price, sometimes they never get a reasonable price and keep the glass car only becasue its the car they've always wanted!! I dont have any glass now but I might have too so I can someday own a '34 Ford! At least he wasnt driving a Honda w/ a bunch of Fiber Glass Crap on it!:eek:

6. good point, if it would have been a honda i would have stopped right next to his car, done a healthy burn-out and gave him the finger as i sped away haha

7. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

yep...truth is: how we build a car, is a matter of opinion, and taste.
    Sure, we feel passionately about it, and dislike, or even loath certain "approaches"but, in the end...it is not, after all, a WAR.
    You do what you want, I'll do what I want...and life goes on....unless, of course, you drive an import...:D now, where is my grenade launcher!?

8. ComingApart

ComingApart

I would encourage you to help a "rice burning fart can honda" driver in distress just out of general humanity, but thats just me.

9. well i'd help anyone for any reason, unless the guys an asshole... then he can piss off

10. Harris

Harris

Only reason I was able to get real steel was because of the price. Fiberglass just too damn expensive - if you're patient you can find tin in your range.

Kudo's to ya anyway, always lend a hand to those in need, you never know when you'll be on the receiving end.

11. LordMaximo

LordMaximo
    from Roy, UT

Well.....it really shouldn't matter what kind of ride anyone drives. For the matter of someone being broke down away from the city is a real disaster. I have helped many people drivinf all sorts of cars and trucks. What I enjoy the most, is how impressed they are when I drop them off. Due to the fact they actually were able to ride in a true steel hodrod and they actually can go and tell all there middle classed tuner friends of this freaken bad ass road warrior that just blew their mind away.
    I like planting people in the back seat and watch their eyes pop out of their heads as it just lays out a side ways grabbin smoke out as we leave for the destination.........lol......its just plain fun and a booming woody to show people the beast of their dreams........ 8>)

Maximo

It actually makes you a better person in life when you stop and help the needy...cause youi never know when your own ass will be sitting on the side of the road...and worst case....that poor fool you just flipped off, might be the next guy to drive by you.........Humility never hurt anyone.

Maximo

12. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I had a friend who helped out an old guy like that once. Seven months later my friend ran into him again... In a court room; the guy he helped was the judge! Needless to say, that ticket didn't stand a chance in Hell.

Lesson learned from that was to help any chance you can if it feels safe. You never know who that person in need might be. As I've said here many times, its all about the karma.

Vance

13. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

One day, if things go well, and with hope ,"You" will be that "old guy"
    I too, hope there's someone there to help you out!

Swankey Devils C.C.

14. Larry T

Larry T

15. Too Cool!

16. At least you did the right thing and didn't listen to the voice in your head.
    Too bad about the dumasses where you work though.
    I don't mean to sound cranky, no, wait actually I do.
    I'm obviously not the only one who has both 'glass and steel cars.
    So many of the current crop of "traditional" Hot Rodders that bitch about 'glass vs "real steel" weren't even a gleam in their daddy's eye when a lot of us "older folks" were first building cars.
    Some of the crap that so-called "traditional" rodders are building now would have gotten laughed off the street in the '50's and '60's.

Ok, get out the popcorn and let the flaming begin. :D

17. lol i love old timers they have such awsome stories! my grandfather has tales that would make a whore blush, sitting and talkin with a guy who was there in the 50's and 60's is one of life's great joys talking to them is like taking a hotrod back in time.

18. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

The type of automobile a person drives is a requisite in helping a motorist in trouble?
    I grew up in So. Dak. and have always bragged on the more humanitarian nature of the people there, as opposed to the many assholes that seem to populate the big cities. Well I guess I ain't gonna do that no more.

19. dont get the wrong impression about south dakota, there aint a person here that wont say howdy or give a wave as u pass by. it's like southern hospitality

20. flynstone

flynstone

said it before if you have to ask is it glass, what does it matter?

21. atch

atch

remember the original Good Samaritan?

22. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

:D :D :D

CC

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

As some have already mentioned, I'll stop, and have stopped, to thelp anyone out that looks like they need the help.

Even if it's to say "I'm sure the tow truck will be here soon".

I like whatI like and don't really care what anyone else drives. I can't figure out paying more for glass than steel though.

24. neither can i, i checked out that post of the duece coupe i belive, body on ebay for 20 some thousand or so, i mean wow... if i wanted a duce that bad i'd assemble pieces from here and there, or buy a complete one for that much lol

25. hatch

hatch
    from house

The old days are gone, and the young guys will never get to experience the fifties or sixties...ha ha ha ha ha ha....LOSERS!!!!:)....Man....was it FUN, and you werent' there!!!! I wouldn't trade my sixties experiences for all the , cuffed jeans, orcabettys, and wannabe hotrodders in the world. Those days were the real deal...no bitchin or whinin about steel or glass...real or repop....disc brakes or drums....radials or bias....sbc's or olds rockets.......just fun with cars. Old guys rock, and someday I will be one.....then I'll die...head upstairs and cruise in fiberglass....The Beatnik Bandit with Ed Roth..(The coolest builder in the coolest car ever)...He also drove a Honda. GET IT????????????

26. Mopar34

Mopar34

What difference does it make if the car is steel, glass or paper. You'd be stopping to help the person, not the car. If the person is a rude jackass, then walk away. If not I'd try to help or at least make a call for a service truck for the guy.

No harm in trying to help unless he pulls our a weapon and takes your ride instead of his.:eek:

Both of my rides are steel only because neither are made in the aftermarket by glass peddlers. Probably never will be, much to my happiness.:)

27. Why does your attitude offend me:rolleyes:

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm thinking this attitude sucks...

29. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

This reminds me of what some comedian said about enhanced breasts:
    (I don't remember who, maybe Richard Jenny?)

"If I can touch them, they're real"

Dan

30. hemifarris

hemifarris

Any chance of seeing pics of your ride? As cool as your Avatar,signature and usernames are your car's gotta be bitchin. Being an "old timer" at 61 I'd like to see what a real hot rodder drives......Call me curious........Mike