Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fiberglass fender skirts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38nash, Jan 17, 2006.

1. I am going to put some fiberglass fender skirts on my 57 Olds.
    Anyone ho knows how they use to fasten them?

I always had steel skirts on my earlier cars, but this is different.

2. Knowbody who can help?

3. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Usually they have a wooden block laid in the back of the skirt. You should have a metal arm with an adjustable screw on it. By tightening the screw it will put pressure on the fender lip. On the bottom they usually have a wire on them to hold to the bottom of the fender lip. Sometimes they screwed thr bottom to the car[not me]. If yours has none of this I will send you a picture of the back of an old set that has this accomamdations. TP are you confussed now?

4. Hi
    And thanks for info.
    I just have the fender skirts, not any wooden block or something.
    And a picture would have helped a lot.
    My email is [email protected]

Thanks

5. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

also you could check ebay for "fender skirt clips"..every now and then they have sets that were sold with aftermarket fender skirts that also say they'll work on factory skirts.if you dont feel like buyin them off ebay,i'm sure that after looking at them and figuring out how they work it wouldnt be hard to fabricate or buy something similar from a hardware store,that's what i plan to do.hope this helps
    creepy

6. I would have preferred steel skirts, but since they followed the car, I will give it a try.
    Thanks