Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical FI steering wheel with Model A center horn/light switch

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Street Is Neat, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Building a AV8 and using a F1 Steering box /column/wheel. CG has some nice repop wheel horn caps.
    I'm just thought I would ask if any one has tried to use the Model A horn button for running light and head light on a FI 46 -52 wheel ....

2. 351cmach

351cmach
    from Ma

interested in knowing as well

3. I saw an add on Ford barn where he takes an F1 or F100 and completely rebuilds the box and adds the light switch and horn to work like an A.

4. I'm a week or so away befor I can gather all the part from the barn and storage and I'm going to give it a try ..
    I will post the outcome ...

5. 31ster

31ster

I did it on my rpu

6. I have files saved on my computer on how to do it, I'm using an F100 box on my A but no lights on the column.

7. 55styleliner

55styleliner

I found information using google to do what you are asking. It wasn't hard. I used an F100 column and I am using the original Model A steering wheel and light switch/horn button. Just have to make sure to get the length right when welding the top half of the Model A shaft to the F1 shaft.

8. Google I will try search again ...... Thanks

9. 55styleliner

55styleliner

I guess I originally misread your question. I used the Model A wheel. Mostly because I had a nice one. I imagine it would not be hard to do what you are asking. Just a few extra things to consider.

10. chiro

chiro

I'm running a F1 box with a piece of an earlier keyed shaft grafted o it to accept the '39 banjo steering wheel I'm running. I was wondering how to get the horn to work in the wheel in this situation as well.

11. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been pondering the same thing.