Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fenton SBC from Patricks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Jun 11, 2010.

1. So I got my NEW Fentons for small block chevy and I have to say these are really nice. They are really heavy with very thick casting so cracking should not be problem. I have held a orginal set and these are every bit of the same. If you want set of these now is your chance to get some. I paid 300.00 for them as the introductory offer so you would have to call them too see if they are the same price or not. Here some pics of them fresh out of the box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sweet. I bumped the other thread yesterday to see if you got yours yet. They look really good.

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Wow...very kool...i've been trying to get my hands on some originals for a long time.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Cool. Bet they'd sound awsome with 4 Smithy's!

5. Very, very cool!

I wish I had a small block right now.

BloodyKnuckles

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

man I like those.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

And the country of origin IS.........?

8. koolkat54

koolkat54
    from Visalia Ca

Whered you get these at?

9. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

To bad the website is nicely updated,in 2008. I wonder if they make them for a 289 ford?

10. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Those repops look pretty good...here are my originals that I had ceramic coated, for reference:

HRJ

Attached Files:

LCGarage likes this.
  11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You can tell by the ring of the metal where they are made, if they make a nice sweet bell ping they are good, if they go dunk dunk dunk they are short of the metals that make them strong, unfortunately the weight of the object does not determine the quality of the metals used to make it.

12. Mine arrived today...

Attached Files:

LCGarage likes this.
  13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cactus1 how are they on the drivers side? I would love to get a set but I feel like they are definitely going to interfere with my Steering box. Damn they look awesome!

14. Dude , It's gonna work. It is tight but doable. I'll shoot a pic tomorrow of the driver's side.

Oh, and I'm freakin' stoked at how awesome they look!

-mikethegreek-

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What kind of box are you using? I couldn't even get away with Ram's horns since it dumps out right at the box. I had to use stock '56 units and swap sides. Send me that pic, I'm interested to see them.

16. thesupersized

thesupersized

WOW! i wasnt aware they were being reproduced, nice!

17. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

i want a pair now!!!!!!!!!

18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

19. I love when vintage parts are brought out and a new world for so many is created! I just can imagine the sound of these, reports soon please! :D

20. sxdxmike

sxdxmike

wow what a good price too. $300?? i can't wait to see more pics of them in use.

21. Tazfink

Tazfink

DAMN!!! I would love to hear some length "Quad" exhaust with glass packs through them!!!

22. moter

moter

please excuse my ignorance...do these really help engine performance or is it the "cool factor" ?

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

24. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

I'm sure they were an improvement over the stock cast iron manifolds of the day.

Probably no where near as good in the performance department as a new set of tube headers but way cooler looking.

My set arrived at the first of the week. They look nice, be a long time before I actually put them to use so I can't comment on how they sound.

Ports are 1.25 x 1.25 the bottom ports where the exhaust exits are 1.75

25. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

AWESOME! Too bad I don't have a SBC laying around!

26. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been waiting for the last week for the little brown trucks make their way from west coast to east. My set arrived today and I must agree that on first inspection they look great. It was just a few weeks ago on another thread I'd about given up on the project coming through. And I have to commend Patrick. If you remember it was 14-15 months ago he said if he could get 300 of us to commit to buy, he'd do a production run. The first estimate was for a 6-9 month project and he gave us a target price point. Well the project ran long, but in the end for at least the original 300 of us he came through at the original price point. It might have been easy to blame all of the things that changed during the extended project and say the price also went up. I'm not sure where the price will be for those not on the original list, but I appreciate both that they are available, but also that he was able to honor the original price target for the original group that got the project off the ground.

27. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

I was on the list for over a year. I had forgotten about it and assumed it might never happen when he called and said they were done and ready to ship.

Projects like that allways run longer and cost more than expected. I'm sure that was an expensive project, hopefully it will pay off for them.

28. wheeliE-maxx

wheeliE-maxx
    from Texas

Does anyone have a video of these in use? I would love to hear a small block with four pipes

29. moter

moter