Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fenderwell headers for a full fendered Model A Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike bowling, May 14, 2017.

1. mike bowling

mike bowling

Drawing on the POWER of the HAMB- anyone done this? And if you did, what brand, or did you make your own? I need answers and pictures ; opinions optional, but not necessary.

As specified, it's a COUPE , not a GASSER, so let's move on from there. ( 327 Chevy )
    Thanks for any info.
    Mike DSCN2984.JPG

loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  2. SpeedWay has these, I have seen them made to work with fenders. midqskNlc8G3yS6UeFjV1Bw.jpg 003-1930-ford-model-a-coupe-gasser-lpr.jpg 1930-model-a-streetstrip-gasser-8.jpg

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

Thanks, Mike! I should have figured I'd hear from you- good stuff ( I like pictures!)
    Red car is PISSAH! Blueprint update time!
    MB

4. A few pictures I plucked from the HAMB. Hope they help:

19476947-632-1929-Blown-Ford-The-Snark.jpg
    blue coupe.png
    RPU21.jpg

5. I like your car Mike, alot! Seems that with fenders options are kind of limited, but I can not wait to see what you come up with. You may be better off fabing up your own, just the way you want them to be.;)

loudbang, Just Gary and mike bowling like this.
  6. mike bowling

mike bowling

Yeah- I was just out there playing with some cut-offs, old Chebbie headers, Ford headers, empty cans, vacuum cleaner hose, cardboard............. You just never know what's gonna work! Thanks again, Mike

Thanks a lot- unlike some, I try to keep an open mind and like trying something a little different.
    This isn't a "tab A into slot B" car!
    ALWAYS like pictures too- worth a thousand words (cause sometimes we're speaking different languages!!)

loudbang and Just Gary like this.
  7. I used the "fat fendered" Speedway headers on my sedan. I ordered them black & cheap which allowed me to weld the collector area / cut-outs / dumps....blah blah blah. I then had them silver ceramic coated.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

catdad49, loudbang, brad2v and 5 others like this.
  8. mike bowling

mike bowling

Thanks for the post AND the pictures. I like the way those exit through the spare tire cut out- nice and neat.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just took a leap of faith and ordered the same thing. I talked to Speedway 2 times, but couldn't get a tech ( or a date with the girl who answered) so said the hell with it! I have a mig welder, wiz wheels, angle grinders, a cut-off saw, a saw-zall , torches, and some plastic explosives- I CAN make them work!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Mad Mikey"- that blue coupe is IT, Brother!! Bingo! Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Results will be in the "Creeper" thread ASAP ( my son, aka " the tech guy" is on a concert tour on the Left Coast- when he gets back I'll post pics.)

Thanks again, gentlemen ; I shall forge on!

9. mopacltd

mopacltd

IMG_20170506_213753773.jpg Kinda hard to see, but the exhaust just wouldn't fit any where else IMG_20170506_213753773.jpg

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

I hear ya on that- I got a set of headers at the New England Dragway Swap a couple of weeks ago ($20. ), tried modifying the driver's side, and figured I either had to change the steering box, oil filter and tranny bellhousing (!!), or redirect my approach.
    Thanks for the input.
    Mike

loudbang likes this.
  11. mike bowling

mike bowling

stock grille shell ^^^^^ good man!
    Cool drawing too.

12. 52chev

52chev

[​IMG]

This isn't my car but I have a 30A coupe with the same fenderwell headers. They are 62-65 nova headers from speedway motors

Sent from my SM-G360G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

-Brent- and loudbang like this.