Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Fenderwell header pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Brokenwrench Rod n Custom

Brokenwrench Rod n Custom
    from East TN.

heres what they have done to the paint on the fender in 50+ yrs

Attached Files:

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

Oh wow!That car is 100 different kinds of cool!
    Nice job,and my hat is off to you for not "updating" the car after all these years.A lot of guys seem to fall into that trap.
    That car is just so damn right in every way.
    I'm jealous as hell,and I'm not even gonna try to hide it!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. I was never crazy about 40's. But, I sure like this one!!!

4. Here are Speedway headers on my 37 Ford.

Attached Files:

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

You're going to find the exhaust wants to exit the tailpipes on the car when the cutout is opened. We did a similar setup on my buddy's A40 Austin and when uncapped it didn't sound much louder than capped because the exhaust wanted to follow down the collector and out the tailpipes.

6. Brokenwrench Rod n Custom

Brokenwrench Rod n Custom
    from East TN.

I had never seen the main pipes attached to the secondary pipe. Ive always seen the cut out welded in as the secondary and the main pipes coming off the primary collector. Notice the slotted bolt holes on the 2 bolt flange for the secondary collector. This has been done to facilitate dropping the pipes with ease. simply loosen these 2 bolts, and remove the simgle hanger bolt that attaches thru the running board, then with a slight twist outward the pipe drops off completely. notice the age of the pipes (rust hole) .... Included my first glimpse of the 40 after Super storm Sandy. Thanks fo rthe comments guys...guess I need to start a thread with the story....

Attached Files:

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I'd say the owner is an Italian Spaghetti Farmer. Or, he designed them using a Twister game. Butch/56sedandelivery.

8. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Thanks powrshftr!its been a long ongoing project. Still not running yet. But getting close to fire up....cross my fingers. I'd like to hear about your project

9. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I had no idea dr. Seuss made headers. :eek::D

10. Judd

Judd

Here is the set a buddy Pierre and I (bevis and buthead racing) are building. The first time either of us have built headers.

Attached Files:

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Nice job Judd!

12. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Looks good. Ain't no easy task building a set of headers either. Welding heat really makes things move around. With a wire feed anyway. Fine job! RS59

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Yep. Last pair I built I tacked together with the Mig, and then gas welded once they were all fitted and shaped. I don't have a Tig, or I'd use it. I gas weld as I can get better welds than my Mig and I can do.

14. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I migged everything on mine and they moved around quite a bit. Worked out ok though. But after quick fire of motor there's a few pinholes sooting up. Oh we'll , if it was perfect it wouldn't belong to me!