Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fenderless Pickups (post Pics Please)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitepony, Jul 2, 2008.

1. alvisoroadsters

alvisoroadsters
    from Cupertino

amen. i'm begining the build on my 1935 pickup, and everyone slanders the poor things because you have idiots rolling an 8 inch chop and a 6 inch section, strapping the cheapest looking engine with the cheesiest blower scoop, and running wide radials to top it off. In fact, there's a company that sells them like that, complete with an unfendered front coil over setup....

But, to the rescue are builders who are finishing these trucks off very nicely,
    and i know the fights will never stop, but scour ebay for a bit and i'm SURE you'll find some coupes and sedans you'd grit your teeth over. with the forthcoming proof about true nostalgia post 34 trucks coming out, they shouldn't be such a huge deal but they are due to the newfound popularity (hatred for some..)

My opinion is build it to match the era. I think some really cool trucks may be popping out in the future.

2. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Man, I don't know if you've seen that RPU in person or not, but I'd just call it a hot rod. It's very low, but the proportions are killer.

3. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fat fender cars need the fenders. Otherwise they are UGLY, no exceptions. Havent seen one yet and wont see one.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Let's see some more .......how about some Artist rederings ........

7. firemunkey

firemunkey
    from temecula

My 38 ford project, has cheater slicks on now, engine next week. Thinking about widening the bed about 6" to flow with the cab better. May or may not use some type of modified fenders. Will be painting it, that's just primer. Happy fourth all!

Attached Files:

• 002h.jpg
      002h.jpg
      File size:
      77.4 KB
      Views:
    • h38.jpg
      h38.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
    • h38a.jpg
      h38a.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
  8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And what glorious hotrods have you built Mr. FNG????

9. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

[QUOTE
    This looks wild. And the detail on the build and the over all workman ship on this is amazing. Fat fendered cars dont have to wear fenders all the time to look good. If you dont like this you have no eye for detail and craftsman ship.[/QUOTE]
    Now just because the craftsmenship is there, and there was great attention to detail, doesn't always mean it is in good taste. personaly I think your example, looks like nothing more than a stretched "so cal Style" VW bug. That is my opinion. Just because It is metal finshed flawlessly and been gone through with a fine tooth comb, doesn't mean it can't out of proportion, and overall designed poorly.

10. Damn! And all this time I thought I DID have an eye for detail and craftsmanship. Thank you for disabusing me of that silly notion. 'Cause the two cars you posted, Hot Rod Packard, look like a hicky on a hemoroid to me.

But I do like that people are starting to put paint on rat rods.

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I have to agree with Fuzzy on the blue job, A+ for craft, F for design. I remember seeing the Posie Extremeliner some time ago. Thought the same way about it. There was just no reason for a car that ugly to be made so well, if at all. Gary

12. dont forget about this one

Attached Files:

13. DollaBill

DollaBill

I kinda hate to post here, because I have a commitment to Plowboy and Dodgerodder to get my shit done...

But, in my defense...I have been making progress, and I can prove it by recent articles in Rod & Kulture magazine. NOT dropping names, just my pathetic attempt to establish SOME sort of bona fides.

Anyway...my truck

Attached Files:

14. ...how's this one?
    [​IMG]

15. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am trying to finish this one.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
  16. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Hey Hey Hey! What do wives have to do with taste in cars? You have your opinion and he has his. And have you ever met his wife or even know if he has one? Don't be an Ass Hole!

17. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

hell i can't wait to get mine done..i'm even going to run a case tractor grill shell to piss off the guys who don't like those too....rooster

Attached Files:

18. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Here is one on its way

Attached Files:

19. What's all that junk where the bed's supposed to be?

20. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

That is in the background, junk to some, the black pickup in the foreground is just a mockup for now.

21. 46highboypu

46highboypu

Whitepony, if you want pictures of this type of truck I have posted about 300 to my gallery at hotrodders.com. The pictures came from all kinds of sites, here and others. These are all closed cab fenderless trucks. My own truck is in yellow primer now and going back together.

22. Attila

Attila
    BANNED
    from TX

23. whitepony

whitepony
    from Folsom

I was saying I liked your Truck... Read it again apparently I left out the letter "I" :rolleyes:

24. whitepony

whitepony
    from Folsom

thank you... can you link me directly to it please?

25. 32fordpickup

32fordpickup
    from ohio

Here's ours we've been working on :)

Attached Files:

26. Slowlow

Slowlow

I dont mind an early truck QUITE as bad.... but when I see a fat fendered truck done up like this, All I can think is how it would be 20 times better if it were fendered.

That fenderless "Rat Rawld" S10 a few pages back takes the cake.
    hahaha

Of course, my .02c

27. Taff

Taff

[​IMG]

i know that criticising someone's car is tanatamount to criticising someone's wife, but someone please confirm for me that this is a piss-take photoshop?

28. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

here are a couple pics of mine .finished it up last summer for the syracuse nationals. my first complete build ...had a lot of help from some friends and did a lot myself. learned alot of what to do and what not to do, what i like and what i don't like, but first and foremost this thing is a fucking blast ..it's fast ,built as well as any fucking car i have ever seen anywhere else ( as far as structural integrity) and it's mine to do with whatever i want . only thing i am not overly happy with is the windshield rake and the cab chop was already started when i picked up the cab so i can't take full credit for it. i will drive this thing anywhere , anytime , any speed. over 5000 miles so far . some hate it some love it but either way this fucker demands attention.

[​IMG]
    Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-06-08

[​IMG]
    Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-06-08

and a pic of it from earlier today ....drove it to the shop to work on the new bucket project.
    [​IMG]
    Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-07-06

jp

29. 29paul

29paul

Some I like. [​IMG] [​IMG]