Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fender Skirts on my F1 Pick up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Diablo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Great truck,love it
    IMHO some blue scallops would bring the interior and exterior together beautifully.Best of luck
    Paul

2. outlaw256

outlaw256

when i saw the title to this thread i laughed when i saw the pics of this your truck i damn near spit coffee all over my screen. DAMN that looks good.

3. thanks Rat and Skwurl.....

I taped out some Scallops just quick to see what could be .... Hmmmmmm I like... If I was to do them I would do them is a blue flake....

scallops?

scallops ?

4. Flipside

Flipside
    from land of oz

Hey Buddy your F1 is one badass ride, I didn't think it could get any better, then you whipped the skirts up :cool: but wait a minute, I’ll just slip outside again and throw down some scallops <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Acer\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\05\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:eek:<!--[endif]--> you are the man….<u1></u1>Very nice work Arthur :D

I thought the skirts were cool but the scallops will rule......

[​IMG]

5. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

Do you have any build pics of the skirts? I'm getting ready to make a set myself.

6. Thanks outlaw256 that's the best reply yet.. I dont have any pics of the build sorry, but they only took me a day to make using a shrinker stretcher to form folded length of sheet metal to the shape of the wheel arch and the rest of the skirts are fibre glass....if there is any thing I can help you with curtiswyant let me know..

7. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

I like the scallops, but couldn't say go or no-go w/out seeing it at eye level. The body lines are hard to see in some areas of the photo. If you paint the fender, you're locked into running w/ the skirts, but that isn't a bad thing because they are pretty damn cool looking.

It looks to me like the the bottom tape line on the front fender(above the wheel well) runs up asymetrically to the horizontal body line. To allow the eye to flow naturally down that line I would parallel the two and manipulate the top portion to fit it. Then I would follow that flow and line to lay the scallpos out on the rear fender. I would tape it both ways and take pictures from different angles and compare. This ofcoarse only works if the body lines are staight and level from the the nose to the tale. If they are not, then the scallops can be laid out independantly to disguise the variance.

Again, this is what I would focus on first (if it were for myself) and can not say if it is a go/no-go for your truck, from the photo. I love your truck. If you're the man that got it this far; I don't think you're the guy that's gonna mess it up.

8. rufstoksilver thanks for your words..I know what we can do...Im not doing any thing this weekend, fly on over and speed the weekend in my shop and we can lay the scallops down and get you back home for work on Monday.....Only if it was that easy !!!... It would be way CQQL tho to have another brain the same to make the scallops happen... I do like the white look about the pick up and know the Scallops will create a new look about the Pick up... I will lay some tape on it this weekend ..
    Thanks guys...

9. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I'll give you a hand!
    Where in Melb are ya?

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Love the truck, love the skirts, hate the visor, would tuck in the front bumper, and dear heaven, forget the scallops.

11. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

WOW !.....I like the skirts.....I gotta say , I don't care much for the visor, but I think your truck is very cool......I also think scallops would look good.....maybe thin ones, with not to much of a contrasting color.....How about silver, or light gold against the white ?.....but that's just my humble opinion.....Here's a pic of my old skirted truck just for fun......

[​IMG]

12. Paucho your truck is way way CQQL man... the thing that I am so jelouse about is that you guys in the States can go to a junk yard or swap meet or know some one with parts like the cad bumper and buick port holes to add to your cars to make a mean Kustom...I love Kustom so much it hurts...
    When I get a car I like to make it so different that people are wowed when they see it.. here is a pic of my old Buick, not long after I was done with it some one wanted it...never to happen with my pick up thats for sure...

56 Buick

13. Diablo......not only is your pickup really nice, but the ol Buick was sharp too.
    You have a good touch with the kustom work.

14. Thanks 47Plym... The Buick Nailhead was all dressed up to with a full Eelco dress up and a tri carb with 3 97's.... I do miss that Buick....
    Kustom on as they say....

15. Flipside

Flipside
    from land of oz

Very cool pickup Paucho

Your old Buick was a very cool ride Arthur, I would miss it too..

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CAcer%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-AU;} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->[/FONT]

16. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

I am working on a 52 and was wondering if anyone made skirts! Post some build pics or maybe some detailed pics please!. I am subframing it this weekend and have a fresh 302 for it with 0 miles. i cannot wait to get the F-1 Rollin! Gotta love those grills

17. I dont have any pics of the build sorry 1bdsinner, I made them in one day and painted them the next and fitted the 3rd...

18. dadseh

dadseh

I Reckon skirts on a truck are so GAY but what do I know!

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

diablo, i wish you lived close to us. i would put you to work right away. !!!!! keep coming up with your ideas, you seem to have plenty.

20. Thanks outlaw...I work on cars every day and love every second ...

21. dadseh gay you say to a kustom pick up with fender skirts...funny coming from you who collects doll prams hey !!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  22. Ok now

do skirts in front too

photoshop anyone
    anyone buehler

23. Like the skirts a bunch, although IMO the bottom edge would have made a smooth transition across the wheel well opening.

The scallops looks great - keep them just as outlines, or maybe fill them in with a pearlized body color. Keep 'em subtle.

24. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Diablo can you send me some more detailed pics? I would like to make some for mine. plz snd to [email protected] if you can.... I am notching and subframing this weekend

25. FLAT56

FLAT56

Diablo love the truck love the skirts I posted a question on this site regarding f1's and skirts and got the usual variety of opinions although I had already made up my mind to put skirts on my 52 f1 your photo's only reinforce my decision. Thanks man.
    Here are some pix of my 52 hope skirts do her justice.

Attached Files:

• 153.jpg
      153.jpg
      File size:
      436.8 KB
      Views:
    • 151.jpg
      151.jpg
      File size:
      424.5 KB
      Views:
    • 154.jpg