Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fender Liner Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ceege, Aug 19, 2017.

1. ceege

ceege
    from NW MT

We are building a 53 Chevy truck. It has aftermarket made in Taiwan fenders. One aftermarket fender is considerably lighter that the other and neither of them are close to the thickness of the original equipment.
    My question: What are members here doing to prevent rocks from spidering or denting these fat fenders from the inside? I am using a product from a company called LORD. https://www.lord.com/products-and-s...r-802hd804hd805hd806hd-high-definition-sealer
    I hope it works. I got to thinking, after I applied the Fusor product that maybe I should have put some sound deadening pads in the rocks path first then applied the spray-able liner. It sure looks cool.

2. metalman

metalman

Not familer with LORD products, I've been using Raptor bed liner to spray inside fenders. Works well, looks good, tough stuff. Not sure I'd try the stick on pads myself, wouldn't think the would adhere very long in the elements.