Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fellow Canucks, where do you get phillips screws??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brad2v, May 19, 2011.

1. brad2v

brad2v

Aaaaaaagh!!!! So I need 4 of 8-32 x 1 1/2" phillips pan head screws for the tail light lenses on the old Poncho. I keep a pretty good selection of screws, and hit the hardware store every time I'm in the States, but I don't have these. So, local hardware store no, local auto parts store, no, Crappy Tire, no. So today I tried the local welding supply place. Tell the guy at the counter what I need, I get a snotty 'phillips are American, in Canada we use robertson'. After briefly pondering pulling his hockey-playin' ass across the counter, I just responded with 'not in automotive applications we don't, robertsons are for wood', and left. So, any fellow Canucks have any idea where to get phillips machine screws in this friggin' country?

2. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Wow never thought a phillips screw would be that hard to find, sorry sounds amusing, but very annoying.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

seriously?

try marine stores?

4. Beast Lee

Beast Lee
    from Canada

I would figure one of the "oilfield" nut & bolt companies like Edmonton Nut & Bolt should be able to help you...

5. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I think most auto upholstery shops keep them in stock, give them a try.

6. Home Depot,Brofasco,Napa,Carquest,TSC,any industrial hardware supply have Phillips

7. I'll be at Bolt and Nut supply on Saturday. PM me your address and I'll send you some.

8. Gregg Distributors!

Part numbers:
    YPPMS - 8/32 - 038 3/8" long
    YPPMS - 8/32 - 050 1/2" long
    YPPMS - 8/32 - 100 1" long
    YPPMS - 8/32 - 150 1 1/2" long

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  9. cederholm

cederholm

Seriously? You need four screws?!?! PM me - I've got to have some kicking around and it can't cost much to toss them in an envelope.

10. I used Edmonton Fasteners and Tools (780) 484-3113. You think philips are hard to find try finding a slot head machine screw without either the philips or robertson added to it:rolleyes:. They were the only ones who even tried to find it for me the rest said nope not in Canada.

11. brad2v

brad2v

12. I love a happy ending. :D

13. Glad I could help. I just bought a bag of 100 of them last week. I hate using old screws!

14. 61bone

61bone

Did you try Mckensie?

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois