Register now to get rid of these ads!

Feels good to be back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gkgeiger, Jul 7, 2012.

1. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I sold the '36 a couple of years ago saying I was tired of working on old cars. I didn't realize how much I would miss it. So I went looking for another car. The '39 Deluxe was always my favorite. I found one with a lot of potential in eastern NY. After making 2 trips there it's finally home and in the garage. The wife and I drove it to breakfast this morning. I wasn't sure we'd get home. So now it's partially dis- assembled. Carb off, brakes apart. Yah, I'm into it again. Will keep ya posted on progress. Going to keep her pretty stock.

In NY, at the sellers garage.
    [​IMG]

Loaded and ready for the trip home.
    [​IMG]

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

It's like a fungus... scrub and scrub and it still comes back! :D

3. afaulk

afaulk

Yup, once you get a virus it's yours for life. It may go into remission but sooner or later it comes back.

4. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I hear you guys. I got my first flathead about 53 years ago. At least with this car the body will stay on the frame. It's a great car with a rebuilt 59AB, no holes with acceptable paint and a presentable interior.

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Mental illness has no cure! I like the car.

6. Glad you quit taking your medicine. Keep us updated on progress.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Most of us have taken a break from working on and building old cars at one time or another. That little rest can really recharge the batteries and make it fun again when you go back to it.

Really nice little coupe you got there. :)

Don

8. brady1929

brady1929

9. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

way to go! drive the wheels off that 39 and enjoy we are not getting any younger. I like the idea of keeping it stock

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a great way to get back in. Nice!

11. deto

deto

I was just talking to my lady last night about selling my car to "move forward" with my life. Looks like resistance is futile

12. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

looks good geno! now we can finally talk to you again. i was getting sick of discussing motor homes and motorcycles on wednesday nights! LOL : )

13. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

OK, I get the the motorhome thing but I had a motorcycle before I had a car, and if anyone want to talk bikes I'm in. Besides your not allowed out that much.

14. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

How weird. I saw you (i'm guessing) this morning around Nimisila Reservoir. We were working the lake and I saw you coming and commented there's a nice '39. What a coincidence I see you post this.

15. Did you get that from a guy near Syracuse that runs a body shop?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

16. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

That was me, I live in that area. I was glad I got that far and was concerned that I wouldn't get home. It was stalling every time I stopped and then it was hard to start. Even with that said I had a great time. I'm getting the carb rebuilt this week.

17. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Yes, I bought it from Joe Caputo. He owns Sun Chevrolet in Chittenanga, but sells old Fords for fun.

18. upspirate

upspirate

Nice car....yep it eats on ya till you get another one.

I resisted 15 yrs (while picking up some stuff on e-bay for another build) but the wanta's got the better of me this spring and bought a driver

19. I went and looked a Shoebox he had a few years ago. I saw that car also looked real nice. That guy has the worst hair piece I ever saw. Thought it was gonna jump off his head and attack me like a rabid squirrel.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

20. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

good god man,that is a fine ride...welcome back to the cult,this time its for good..one of us...one of us...one of us.......

21. That's a fine '39 ...Everybody needs a break now and then-it helps you re-focus. Welcome back!

22. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

LOL that is funny:D:D:D