Register now to get rid of these ads!

fed dragster chassis id help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by los punk rods dave, Dec 18, 2008.

1. need help to id the chassis maker , no id tag or numbers anywhere, both the front wheels and tires are moon equip. , was told the rear end is a chrysler, wheel base is 149 1/2 "

Attached Files:

2. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

All old cars were not built by pro shops. In the 60s thousands of young builders were putting cars togeather in there home shop or famley buisness. My group of friends from high school modified a Jim Davis car at my famley metal shop. We raced top fule here in Texas as the U. S. Kids. It is just a mirical that any survived in as good shape as yours. But I would think long and hard before making any serious passes in the car. It just has too many unknowns about it. It looks like it was gas welded and could be mild steel,which is not all bad if the welds are good and the steel is twice as thick as chromoly.
    dwrfab Don Ross

3. here is some more pics, was told it was a running car that was stripped down to get a new paint job and the guy doing the work took off with the engine,tranny , tank and the body panels, had been in a storage container for 15 years before i got it last week , would like some info as far as where to get info as far as setting it back up and pics of simlar cars for research, if you really know your stuff please pm me your number so we can talk thank you dave

Attached Files:

4. madjack

madjack

Looks to me to be a good quality old car. Don't know who the builder was but the front end and assorted bits and pieces such as the steering box say that it was a well thought out car. Rear looks to be a drop-in center GM. The 'chute mounts and the push bar indicate a full tail section to me, and the panel fastener plates forward may have been for a full nose. Interior tin is well done.all in all a nice find

5. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Looks really close to mine. It has a mid 50's Chevy chunk type diff. It also came with front wheels like yours, but were in rough shape. Probably built in 64'/65'

Attached Files: