Register now to get rid of these ads!

***february Banger Meet***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Artiki, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

Well guess what - it got some real use.

moved a family of 10 - 2000 miles across the plains of London :D

Only joking:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

Managed to mate my South American Phaeton body to it's North American chassis at last so we are looking like a car again.
    Waiting for the flywheel from the machine shop so I can put the motor back in.
    Do I go for a Floatamotor mount kit at the back or use the rubber blocks?

Then it's on to overhauling the brakes and trying to get her running.
    Would add pictures if I had time to resize them to go on here.

Rich

Attached Files:

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Cam walk...flat tappet cams are normally ground with a slight fore&aft slope to the lobe surfaces, put there so tappets will rotate in use. I'd think this would potentially be a source of walk, and of course nothing mechanical is without slight deviations bringing in forces in odd directions. The normal drive gear angle gives a strong overriding thrust, designed so cam walk is toward the surface or device meant to absorb it.

4. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Simon...could almost be a scene from The Grapes of Wrath. Like it.

That's coming along nicely, Rich. Out this year?
    I used the float-a-motor mounts and really like them, though plently of other folk don't like them. I felt that they smoothed some of the vibrations out, though I fitted them before I had the crank counterweighted and balanced so I don't know what the benefit would be now. I'm keeping them on though.

5. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

my gramps and i have put this togeher. we still have no clue what its going in though.

[​IMG]

6. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

You should have seen the faces of the people who saw me travelling from Chingford to Finchley - my m8 driving in a transit van said it was so funny.

for those not in London - this journey is from the North East to the North of London along a road called the North Circular road - traffic or wot.

Attached Files:

7. cool truck- didnt realise england was that long, sorry had to put that in im from oz. Is there another place of detailed photos of your truck? Ive a T model and the old mans got two.

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

being chased by cougars, enticed by midgets, hiring interns, and playing rugby.

maybe some pics of the new carb for the T...eventually.

lots of work going into the TD right now.

been driving this: 4 cyl, 305 cu in, heron head (inverse hemi:, hemi cast into the top of the piston)

[​IMG]

the location is the Point Loma Military Cemetary, the area is where the WW1 vets are buried.

9. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

Any one heard of "Eddie Road Holders" ?

Well I just got a set and have fitted them to the truck - picture to follow

10. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

here they are - I would not mind some more - I may even start making them.

Attached Files:

11. Well - popped by Belcher Engineering with the kids camera and found Mark's Standard 9 Avon Special had sprouted a new engine in place of the old puffing banger...
    Inlet manifold still needs building - don't know if it's all gonna fit under the original bonnet though!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Britons!! and you antipodeans, too...
    Marco Tahatras over on Fordbarn, perhaps the greatest stock Model A guru walking the planet, needs information (or an actual part) on the tin plate that goes around the pedals at the floorboard for a 180A Deluxe Phaeton right hand drive. Information on any other RHD plate would also be appreciated, as the 180A may well be that plate with slot for column elongated...
    He's also seeking a red Ford badge for the radiator.

13. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like my updraft carbs, but I think a down draft is going to work the best here...

good looking mill too!

14. Dam!

Mark works fast!

Whats the full low down then?

15. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

how was this head when it arrived?
    i know 4ever4's was a bit problematic

16. Guess he just wanted to show you how to walk the walk, Clark. Haha!
    Nah - he'd ordered a new head, and is trading it for the one Belchers had in stock. Bought a core A engine from Bob and had it worked over at Belchers. Fresh MOT, new working front brakes, 3:1 final drive, should be a world apart from when you last saw it! - The whole deal with what's inside the engine I have no idea, except I know it's still on babbit. He's more secretive than you even - doesn't know I have the pictures...

17. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Zoomeroonie!!! That looks hard as nails in there....

18. Well this one came from Belchers stock - they'd already done all the machining required.

19. I had a feeling he might have done something like that. Ordering a 2-port and receiveing a 2-port is a very long journey!

Thats the thing it doesn't need any machine work but it needs alot of finishing work. I just don't believe that Belchers have done that, especially going by their crappy power outputs.

20. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Finally made a start on getting my block back together. Hopefully it'll be ready to go back in by the end of next week, dependent on how the cam timing works out....
    [​IMG]

21. Eeerrmm... Straight cut timing gears?

22. I started gathering up parts for the banger.

Got my 2x2 intake, Model B distributor, 5.5 comp head. Debating if i want to run V8 water pump conversion. Will probably run 12v...but 6v is sitting strong with me.

Im getting ready to buy adapter for T-5, Dropped front axle, new springs and send out my V8 center section to Wilson welding for a quick change.

Anyone got any picts of bangers in Deuce Frame. Im really contimplating (sp?) running a deuce frame chassis under my sports coupe.

Attached Files:

23. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Yup. Help eliminate most of that pesky cam-walk.....
    Do you like 'em? :p

Chopped50......6V is great an' all, but 12V is fantastic for starting. One of the best things you can do is swap over to 12V. You don't need to change much either, you can get a 12V regulator that swaps in place of the old cut-out on top of the A generator, then change the battery, bulbs and coil. Seem to remember it taking me around an hour to do.

24. Where did your set come from?

25. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

I set up the photo so you could read Dan's name on the cam gear :cool: