Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Featured Classifieds: 1954 Ford Sunliner

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    from Austin, TX
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Featured Classifieds: 1954 Ford Sunliner

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Movinman and Sancho like this.
  2. Everything except for the louvers,,, louvers are great, but with the pictured car them seem to be an add-on or after thought.
    Go for it!

3. verde742

verde742
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate spotlights,
    Unless your lighting up the road for an illegal drag race...

Remember, when the top goes down, the price goes UP !!!

4. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Always liked that car. I guess you had to have lived in that era to appreciate the louvers and spots. That's what made a custom back then.

54vicky likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Those dash pinstripes!!!

Nostrebor likes this.
  6. Nostrebor

Nostrebor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah. I was scrolling through the photos, and BAM! lookit all those dash pinstripes. I really dig the car, but I dig being married more, and I know if I bring another one home I will have to live in it. I better leave this one for another HAMBer.;)

7. 54vicky

54vicky

the dash pinstripes are overboard for my taste.they were called ragtops for a reason that is a perfect example.after saying that I would find room for it and drive till the top was in tatters I did not see mention of what looks like a aluminum rad also 53 taillight lens minor points

8. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I had a 1953 Victoria, warmed over flathead V8 (last year for the flathead) two deuce Edmonds manifold and split exhaust with glass packs and a two speed Fordomatic. Original black body and cream top with factory skirts. I added whitewall radials cause it was my daily driver for three years. This was in the 80’s. You know what this is like to drive Ryan, just a tad bigger than your shoebox.

9. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

10. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

Yeah .... had a 54 Skyliner glasstop running a 312/Fordomatic. I nosed/decked it, smoothed the bumpers, lowered it, and installed a tube grill. Nice pipes, wide whitewalls, and black steelies set the coral/white paint off nice. Traded it for my 54 Merc ragtop, but still miss it. 52-56 Fords are just plain cool.