Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Featured Classified: 1934 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Featured Classified: 1934 Ford

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

41 GMC K-18, Stogy, Tim and 5 others like this.
  2. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice car at a good price. Scrolling through the ad bumps I see that the seller recently put a correct grill on it, which really improves the look.

41 GMC K-18 and Hollywood-East like this.
  3. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, the right grille makes it 1000 times better.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  4. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I've looked at that ad a few times myself. I'm not a huge fan of that East coast style, but that's a cool looking car, and the price is right too. Except it'd cost me a couple more grand to get it delivered here. And I'm just not buying right now, I think the market is too unstable and I'm laying low. But for a guy looking for a 33 - 34 coupe, that has to be tempting.

Fordgasser1 and Stogy like this.

5. I preferred it with the '32 shell myself.

@Ryan - "I dig this car because it’s just goofy enough that you might confuse it for a survivor…"

From the ad, "Car has history dating back to the 60's from Mass/Ct area".
    Not sure what was meant by "history" but it could be a survivor...

Fordgasser1, Stogy, cactus1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

either grill works but, looks more at home with current one - comment about changing seat, I would not because the shape of the the current one adds a little bit more room / support for legs/ which helps make long distance driving more enjoyable

7. Squablow

Squablow

I like the car, and I didn't mind the '32 grille but I can see the attraction to the '34 grille. If I was going to buy one of these finished, this is what I'd want it to look like. It's got all the right stuff on it.

Stogy likes this.
  8. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I am just not an east coast style guy I guess.. Also the fenders wouldnt last 5 seconds for me. The price is deff spot on for what it is...

Personally I think the bubble has burst on some things, the OT market is going insane while the early stuff is and always will be pretty close to where it is for now, and I also speculate that the market will increase due to inflation in the next year for sure.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Somehow missed this...

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and Sancho like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Shoot I didn’t mind it with the 32 grill but dang it’s waaaaay better with the new correct grill

11. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

for me, it doesn't matter what it will be worth in 10 years, or 5 years, or 100 years. I think the price is spot on for the right guy and I wish I had the funds to buy it. I loved it with the 32 shell, and after seeing the correct shell on it, makes it even cooler in my book.

12. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

And I have to mention that George @Fordgasser1 is a stand up cool dude. He offered me his shop and a running flathead if I couldn't get mine running before TROG, and we had never met! He was the first to lend a hand on the beach when we got there. We had a great time!

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps @Fordgasser1 would share some pics he has of it back in its Heyday...I'm all for it's original Hotrod look it wore back in the late 50s early 60s and I'm suspecting it was with the 32 shell/grill...

All the best to the next Owner...turn the key and enjoy...

One visual thing I note with the 32 versus 34...grill is the 32 has a shell with body color where the 34 has no shell and almost begs for a shell or side hood panels and inner fender aprons or whatever they're called...

The best thing is the New Owner will have 2 looks to run depending on what mood you're in...

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

34-Grillalign.jpg

thumbnail_88D581B8-81C6-4335-91EC-FE972BB5C924.jpg

:rolleyes:...I'm a picky bastard when it comes to 'The Look' and perhaps it is spot on to its original builders positioning but I am well aware these 32 Shells have been leaned back to probably work with the 33/34's angular grill, louvers and cowl...I'm thinking even if minimal the grill here is canted forward and when your trying to sell a look 1-2"s can make or break a yay or nay...so knowing that I love this look I adjusted it slightly...

This is not to question Fordgassers eye as he gets a High five from me for his many ventures into Hotrod...its just an observation with a visual peek at what if...;)

Click on the thumbnail first then click the image and you can cycle the change...

Note the fullsize image shared here is the altered one by me...the thumbnail is the original...

I believe this was for sale several years ago as it looks very familiar...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Fordgasser1 and brady1929 like this.
  15. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks for the comments on this car, even if people feel it’s “goofy “! I didn’t build it. I bought it as you see it. Does it have some visual issues? Yes! (Stogy, i did angle the grille back after these shots were taken and lowered the headlights which made a huge difference!) If I don’t sell it my plans are to remove the fenders,splash apron and put a 34 hood top and chrome reverse wheels on it. I’m not a huge fan of the 32 grill and have set it up for a 34 grill without changing anything significant so it can be put back..Many east coast 34’s got 32 grilles that’s just the way it was done.Also I may convert the car to an early Oldsmobile engine if it remains in my possession. I think the changes I would make to it will make it even better and period right.
    Its history has been traced by previous owner Frank back to at least the early 60s through dmv records and conversations with previous owners. I have a document showing the previous owner history given to me when I purchased the car. Sadly no back in the day pics have come to light. Also, this car had been updated in the 80s to more modern suspension which were removed. The current configuration is what Frank envisioned as a early 60s show rod and I feel he captured that feel. Plus his attention to detail is what drew me to it.

16. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This Hotrod makes me drool...:D

Gasser you have a good eye so whatever transpires you'll get it to a good place...

They made those headlight brackets in different heights I understand but even at the height shared with the 32 shell it meets the period...and in my eyes there's nothing goofy about this at all, period...;)