Register now to get rid of these ads!

Feast your eyes on this 55 Nomad---

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Apr 2, 2012.

1. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Wow, I'd give my left *** for that car.

Here's one I saw on Friday at a local cruise, but I like the gold one better.
    IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0170.jpg

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Sweet car. Very nice.

4. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Your wagon should make for a perfect ride for the trip to Mt. Rushmore! I took my two oldest boys there about six years ago. While my wife and I thought it was great the kids were less than ecstatic about it. Give your kids some good education about it before you go!
    Enjoy the wagon and the the road trip with the fam...

5. belair

belair

Insure the poop out of it.

6. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

Man that Nomad is Cool! A real survivor from 40 years ago, I wouldn't change a thing. Congratulations.

7. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Cool Car. I was wondering why you decided to sell your 2 door 55 wagon but that thing is cool. Bring it by if you get up to Nebraska someday and I will show you the 55 Chevy gasser I unearthed last fall.

Attached Files:

8. It would be if it didn't have one of them belly button motors in it. :rolleyes:

From where I sit that is one beautiful car. Tri-Five Chevies have never been real high on my list of things to own but I have had a love affair with the Nomad for ever.

Gold is fast becomming my other favorite color to paint a car.

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks ! Great ride...love '55 Nomads !

Jonnie

10. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

The Garst boys just stopped by with the Nomad and we shot some pictures. A really cool car that was only 30 miles from me. Good thing I didnt find out about it first!!!!!

Attached Files:

11. The High and the Low. :D

12. PJ_GARST

PJ_GARST
    from kansas

Had a blast with the nomad today had to go get some parts for a 34 ford so I folded the seats down and took the nomad on a 5 hr adventure and stopped by alot of friends places to talk and look at there new projects. This was a great picture opportunity with the original gasser.

13. codeblu

codeblu

I recall seeing a Gold 55 Nomad in Castro Valley California in 74-75, it belonged to a senior kid from Castro Valley High School, he also had a blue 41 Ford pickup, I know he used to drive the Nomad to school.

14. Very cool ride.........I like it dude. If you ever get up my way with it stop by the shop as I would really like to see it.

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

love those photos of those cars together !!!

16. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

very nice family cruiser.

17. i have owned two drawtight hitches for the 55/56 wagon, one is on my 55 convertible with a wagon bumper. hitches make a car SOOOO much more usable and SOO much more COOOOOL.

18. KCsledz

KCsledz

woah! liking that chevy!

19. i DONT like gold...or um I DID not like gold until now. i just dont ever remember seeing a car i liked that color on...until now. that is great. have fun.

20. sololobo

sololobo

Pov, what the heck, a lunch break with no food photos! Times they are a changin!! Killer Nomad ~sololobo~

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

the Nomad is even better in person.....my favorite car right now---

22. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Sure do love the Nomad. Was nice to see it in person and talk to ya at GG Colorado.

23. sweet ride. love all 2dr long roofs.

24. When I go off into Car Dreamland that Nomad is what I Dream !!! Perfect Car !!!! >>>>.

25. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

super car, love '55 nomads, the only true nomad as far as I am concerned. When I was going to Morrisville Auto Tech, a guy from Buffalo had a nice one. Went to the Delevan GM assembly plant in Buffalo area and bought a nice new 365 HP 327 back through the four speed and installed it. Quite a car. I think, if my memory serves me back that far ('64), his name was Jeff Downing.

26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

NEW UPDATES---PJ and wife HEATHER have been on a family road trip to the Loveland, CO Good Guys event and back. Here are some photos taken by her.

Attached Files:

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

and now for the some real eye candy....how can it get much better than this?
    Heather is the "babe" in the dress and is shown here with some girls from Hooters....

Attached Files:

28. Mercchev

Mercchev

Saw this car at GG in Loveland yesterday...Sweet Car!

29. Where's this car you guys been talken 'bout? :D