Register now to get rid of these ads!

fe rocker cleaning?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greg, Dec 14, 2012.

1. greg

greg

Does the plug come out of the end of the rocker shaft for cleaning. It looks like a freeze plug, but not sure. and if so, then how do i get it out?

I saw some really little plugs in my freeze plug kit, but not sure if thats what they are.
    thanks, greg

2. BootleggerJim

BootleggerJim
    from SC

You can drill a small hole in one end, run a sheet metal screw in the hole and use a slide hammer to pull the small plug out...Knock the other out with a long rod...Get new plugs at auto store....Happy Motoring.....

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep and a bore brush for a rifle works pretty good to clean them out once you get enough crud out of them to be able to run the brush through. You want to make sure each and every hole that oils each rocker is clear too.

4. greg

greg

Another great Hamb answer, Thanks a million!!

5. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I have cleaned rocker arms in a slow cooker with some detergent but my wife's ultrasonic cleaner for her rings works very nice. You can even clean injectors and plastic parts.

Our local community college has a large one in the auto shop cleanup room. Cleans heads, plastic intakes and other parts quickly.