Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***FE Ford Powered Get Together 10/29/11***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Is anyone interested in an informal get together of FE powered vehicles at Cecil County Dragway on 10/29/11? They are running a RAM series race that day and always offer a test & tune option as part of the day. The last couple of years I've attended this event and gotten as many passes as I've wanted. The track is always prepped very well for this event and the air is usually killer at Cecil that time of year. I'd almost guarantee you will run your best pass ever there during this event.

I've talked to the promoter of the RAM racing series and we can have our own section of the pits too. We could do a little grudge racing and some serious bench racing too. Very informal, just a chance to get together before the weather turns.

The only cost would be the normal test & tune entry fee. Cecil County is in Maryland near I-95 for those that have never been there. Very easy to get to with lots of drag racing history there.

I'm not looking to make a dime on this. Just trying to get a group of FE powered vehicled together for a good time. You don't have to race to be part of the event. Just show up with a FE powered car or truck and park with the group in the pits. It doesn't matter if you have real Thunderbolt or a Edsel. If it's FE powered show up and meet others with the same interests in engines.

2. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

Hey Jody! We will bring my Dad's 428 Fairlane down and I am going to run the RAM All Motor Index with my Mach 1. See you there...I'll try to spead the word...

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

This oughta be cool! Hope you post some pics.

4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

At Sears Point, right? :eek: Cecil can come, it's OK :p

5. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

How about making it an all FE Gamblers style bracket race???..ALL FE cars throw in an extra 20.00 and run for the pot.
    Just a thought make it interesting..

6. 6deuce32yblock

6deuce32yblock

working like crazy to get my 406 62 galaxie ready for this event.looking forward to this

7. I thought about this. I just don't want to scare guys away that have never raced their cars. I want it to be a laid back event where guys show up and see what their FE will do. If there seems to be a desire from the group to have a gamblers race I'm all for it.

8. Sounds good Joe. Maybe we can get some Bangshift love???:D

9. Spread the word and the flyers guys!! If this works out we can make it an annual thing!! And just so everyone knows I'm not making a dime on this. Just trying to get a bunch of FE guys in one place. We can always expand and grow the event in the future. I'd love to see it grow into a FE Nats type thing.

10. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

You know it!

11. Things are shaping up nicely for the up coming FE Get Together @ Cecil County Dragway on 10-29-11. I've confirmed we will be piting on the tower side of the track just below the concession stand. We will have our own area coned off so we can pit/park as a group. We will also have our own staging lane so we can run as a group.

Also, Bangshift.com will be covering the event. Bangshift.com is one of the best webazines going. They will have a write up on the FE group and a huge photo gallery as part of their coverage. If you want to see your FE on the web be at Cecil County Dragway on 10-29-11.

Remeber you don't need to have a racecar to be part of the fun. You can either race your street car or just cruize in and park in the FE area. If you've never raced before this would be a good chance to see what your FE can really do. There will be plenty of experienced racers there if you have any questions.

Please feel free to check out the link and spread the word.

http://www.fairlanet.com/images/FE/feflyer.pdf

Hope to see you there!!!

12. Well it's finally almost here. The FE Get Together is this Saturday 10/29/11 at Cecil County Dragway. So far the weather looks great for making horsepower, Sunny with a high of 50. Hope to see some of you there.

Remember we will be pitting on the tower side just below the food stand. If you have any last minute questions just email me at [email protected] .

There will be no classes, just test and tune, you against the clock (grudge runs are fine too!!) so there is no pressure. The track prep will be on kill and the weather will be great for making power!! Come out and see what your FE will do in the 1320....

13. Well the weather forecast continues to get worse for the weekend. I've seen everywhere from 1"-3" to 4"-6" of snow forecast for Saturday and temps in the mid 40's on Sunday. Not very good drag racing weather there....

With the forecast being what it is I'm canceling the FE Get Together scheduled for this weekend. I'm sorry about this but I see no other option. It will not be rescheduled for this year.

I do plan on attempting to do this again next year. I'd like to do something in the spring and again in the fall. I'll keep you updated as things come together. If anyone has any suggestions just let me know.

I want to thank Rich Maitre and the RAM Racing, N/A shootout for their offer to allow us to race with them. I really think it would have been a great partnership allowing our FE cars to race with them. Hopefully we can do something together next year .