Register now to get rid of these ads!

Favorite Wheelstanders???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Always liked the Stagecoach and jolly Rancher fire truck, both owned and operated by Ed the "outlaw" Jones. He lived just south of us and was the last owner/operator of our drag strip before it closed for good :(.

Ed and family were top notch folks and gave us our fair share of shows... and I tip my hat to them for not only promoting the jolly rancher fire truck, but taking care of us drag racers and the fans as a track owner. Boy....if one wasn't enough!

Little Red Wagon comes in a very close 3rd.

2. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

For me it's the little red wagon, got to sit in it when I was about 10 years old, man that was cool!!!!:D:D:D

3. slammed

slammed

Chevado!! Nomadness.

4. ronnie tidwell

ronnie tidwell
    from odessa tx

tommy mcneeley's 65 ford falcon, HURBERT PLATT'S a/fx, from MONAHANS, texas, AWESOME

5. skywolf

skywolf

6. Woob

Woob
    from Falcon, CO

I remember growing up near Englishtown. The Wednesday night before 4th of July would be Crazy Eddie's Night of Thrills with wheelstanders, jet cars, all the great exhibitionists...

I'd always look forward to the Little Red Wagon and Hemi Under Glass.

7. Heres a pic of Silvia sittin The ONE NITE STAND chevy truck wheelstander with Rick Markham up in canada,yeah she drove the Poole ford and then sold it to chuck Swift.I think he still has it,and yeah she was the ONLY woman ever to get a NHRA license for a wheelstander

Attached Files:

8. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Bill Golden's "Little Red Wagon" is number one on my list!

9. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

Aside from some of these door cars you see at these fastest street car or stock/super stock show........ hands down, Little Red Wagon & the Hurst Hemi Under Glass........ just my opinion. I remember a bracket car many years ago, a '57 Nomad, the Fun City Hauler doing a bumper dragging wheel stand, had to be 4-500 feet and it just struck me as the car is just stuck there and will never come down......it did, completing one hell of a ride.

10. When was the original Stagecoach wheelstander built? Anyone have any early photos of it?
    -Dean

11. hemi

hemi

12. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Hell on Wheels

Hemi Under Glass

Little red wagon.

13. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Hard to beat the "Little Red Wagon" in my book! Giz'

14. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

the back up pickup
    [​IMG]

15. The Stage Coach and the "Little Red Wagon" are my picks

16. racer67x

racer67x

after looking at the photo section I can see why he'd give it up for 30 years..wow

did the new "Fugitive" ever get finished?
    that was one of my favorites..

17. hihorse

hihorse
    from Orting, WA

My fav...LIttle Red Wagon, saw it at Half Moon Bay in the summer of 1966 when I was 14. The wheelstander was top billing along with Garlits versus Prudhomme driving their rails. First drag race of my life and it was a classic in the California sun. The wheelies were fun, but what impressed me was how frickin' fast the thing could rip off a normal quarter mile time.

18. JERDOG

JERDOG

little red wagon and gorge tuers red 55 nomad

19. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

...outta Nashua NH. Ran a speed shop that-a-way, as I recall. He ran @ Deseronto/Mohawk in '66 or 7, and a buddy and I helped him a bit. Moving some lead around, and my finger ended up between two blocks... Best "loss of nail" I ever experienced!

20. The Kidd

The Kidd
    from Poway

Spy Guy,
    When I worked for Bob as a fiberglass man in the late 70's we called that those Death Star and the Galaxy II. Wish I had some pictures of them.
    The Kidd

21. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Tonyo's wheel stand has been my favorite since 2002 at Hayward Lumber in SLO!

Attached Files:

22. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Attached Files:

23. The Kidd

The Kidd
    from Poway

A wheel standing Corvette melted in the fire that burned down Ski's Corvette Corner at the corner of 6th street and 6th avenue around 1978 or '79. I'm pretty sure Ski got that car from Bob. 10 more Vettes also burned that day. All belonged to customers of Ski's Corvette Corner. Ski's was owned and operated by Dave (Ski) Baker and Richard (Dick) Leddy.

24. The Kidd

The Kidd
    from Poway

25. This was a favorite in the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia.

Attached Files:

26. very cool...see a recent photo of her on our onenightstand wheelstander page on FB.very cool woman

27. poverty flats still on two wheels with passengers

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      97.2 KB
      Views:
  28. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

[​IMG]

The Fugitive was my favorite when I was young. I was at Great Lakes Drag-a-way in 1972 when my sisters boy friend at the time took this picture. I have a couple more of the Trash truck coming down on the right front fender of the Fugitive, going back up on 2 wheels and taking out a bill board and smashing a big V in the cab! If you go to Great Lakes Drag-a-ways web site they have a video of the crash!

29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Does anyone have picture of "General Jerry Lee" in his 'T' truck?

30. Marty let me look I think I might........Ive put a good collection of History pics in the onenightstand fb page,good to see ya on here,doubt you remember me I was in rose city street rods over 25 years and lived by Lonnie.........I will try to find one for ya.....remember Donicas tall T truck (purple flatbed) 70s ????