Register now to get rid of these ads!

Favorite Wheelstanders???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Jul 22, 2009.

1. X426X

X426X
    from OhiO

Remember these?
    :cool:

Attached Files:

2. hemi

hemi

I remember that Crew Cab... It had two engines side by side!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_KX60sO-oK8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_KX60sO-oK8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. hemi

hemi

4. motorhead711

motorhead711

Here are my favorite wheel standers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  5. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Local drag racing legend and great friend to many Virgil Sellers in pics 1,4 and 5. 37 chevy pickup and 57 chevy wagon.RIP
    Greg fury in the little general pic 2.
    and emergency west and chevado.

Attached Files:

6. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Last i heard of this car owner of oakley sunglasses bought it and was going to have it tamed down to be driven on the street! I wonder what became of it?

7. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Emergency West...Schrodo...R.I.P. my friend !
    The Dually was awesome !

8. last I heard it was sittin the the lobby of their offices.......your from Spokane and didnt mention my best friend and race partner Rick Markham? Your right Virgil was a great guy

9. DMFB

DMFB

It's been said a few times before, but I'm with them. The Little Red Wagon has always been my favorite.

10. That's Cool.
    Check the slot car drag racing thread. I remember a few guys had some wheel standers for exibition races at the local slot car track. I tried to make the Hemi Under Glass slot car but could never make it work.

11. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

My Dad just came for a visit this week and we were talking about racing an other things. He said that my uncle was the first driver of the Little Red wagon.

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

thats very interesting...whats his name?

13. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

14. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

I just did some checking he was not the first driver but I will find out when he drove it.

15. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

I couldn't find a pic of his one nite stand or the former knotts berry farm sedan delivery?

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SaY2uondE_g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SaY2uondE_g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

17. 32ratsass

32ratsass

Saw the Backup Pickup, Paddy Wagon, Hemi Under Glass, and the LA Dart, all at the same meet, doing heads up wheelstands. This was at Bonneville Dragway, in Salt Lake City, Utah, in '70 or '71. Of those, the most impressive exibition by far was the LA Dart,which was in primer from repairs after damage from an "endo" during an exibition on an aircraft carrier! (don't know which one) LA Dart still continues to be my favorite!!

18. I liked the Mystery Mover.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How could you not like the Fugitive Corvette. Looks badass sitting still. I liked this version better than the engine in the cockpit version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw Ed Jones here 4th of July for the Pinks armdrop drags. What a great job he has. Come out a couple times a day. Do some wheelies then toss Jelly Belly candy to the kids.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. George T G

George T G

I have a friend that got the "BUG" from hanging with Maverick during the summer at my shop. He is working on building an A-100. SOme of the rules don't make sence like the wheels on the Wheele bars. They are asking for somthing than may not exist.
    GEORGE!! Home of the Orignal LRW Wrecked !!

20. attastude

attastude

I was driving into Eugene, Oregon in 1971. When I was about even with Norpac raceway ,on west 11th, I was glancing at chuck pooles "chuckwagon" going down the strip, when he flipped over backwards. talk about a sore neck!

21. Virgil Sellers in the Crazy Injun' '55 Chevy. I love name, because when I was a little kid I would wear that t-shirt to grade school and I had no idea what the name actually meant.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Found a Wheelstander List by www.draglist.com and Wheelstanding Fan Club. It list all the wheelstanders alphabetically by name, and list year, make, driver as well. Just click the link below

Wheelstander List

23. motorhead711

motorhead711

That is a WICKED wheelstander!!! I wonder where that thing is now??:confused:

24. motorhead711

motorhead711

MAN!! Sweet pictures!! thanks for posting those.

25. Arthur1958

Arthur1958

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I didn't see Harry Luzader's deuce coupe.

Attached Files:

26. George T G

George T G

I talked to one of the guys who helped build the LRW at Chy. He never heard of him. He told me the two guys who worked there that drove it around the lot. Roger Lindamood Drove it. I have to VERY orignal Tork Trust D wheels that he put on the front.
    Jim Thornton And Jay Howell were the only other track drivers before Maverick. I believe Jay gave Maverick a quick lesson and wished him LUCK.
    I checked this with Terry who worked on the build and he check with Roger L. and I check with Maverick.
    SORRY!!
    GEORGE!!:cool:

[QUOTEJ=Double Caddy;4151240]I dast did some checking he was not the first driver but I will find out when he drove it.[/QUOTE]

27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

how about a wheelie wagon

Attached Files:

28. heres some i pinched from who knows where!

Attached Files:

29. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

none of those are wheelstanders, just cars doing wheelstands

30. metalman

metalman

Saw the Little Red Wagon here once:eek:! He never came back to NM!
    622712065_HXYag-Th.jpg