Register now to get rid of these ads!

fat man questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frankenford, Apr 9, 2007.

1. frankenford

frankenford

I put on a fat man fabrication front stub on my 51' ford and need a couple questions answered. The spacer for the lower a-arm, I know I have to weld it in but I was just wondering if it needs to be in a certain position. I have the polished stainless steel a-arms. And also with the master cylinder would i be able to put it on with the stock tranny mount. I was just looking at it and it looks like the master cylinder would hit it. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

2. The A-arm gusset should be welded with the the point going in towards the center of the car. It's nice to make them parrallel to each other but it's not totally critical as long as their close, but you should still get them as close as you can.
    As far as the master cylinder: too many pronouns in your question. I don't understand what your talking about. What would hit what?

3. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

I put a fatman mustang II crossmember in my 48 chevy pickup and also did the same on a 34 ford coupe. The spacer is just for strength and it isn't critical that the gusset be perfectly symetrical with the
    opposite side. It will look better if you get it as close as possible though. Line the spacers up using the bolt for the a-arm. You just need to have it welded in straight where you are able to put the a-arms on and take them off later if needed. I am not sure about the master cylinder on yours though. I had to change my trans mount to clear the master cylinder on my 48. I used a TCI brake pedal/ master cylinder setup and a Chassis Engineering trans crossmember.

-oldrodkid
    HPIM07491.JPG

4. frankenford

frankenford

Thank you guys very much for the advice. I'll probably just have to change the tranny mount.