Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fat Man Fab ranck and pinion on a 1951 Cranbrook

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Francranbrook, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Francranbrook

Francranbrook

Hi,

Finally got around to ordering the parts for the steering. My stock tie rods have been chopped up when the p.o. put on a rack that was a little too wide. Anyone have experience with the Fat Man products? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just put one on my 41 a Plymouth. See my thread.

3. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

I put there control arms in my wagon. Wast really happy with the product. Poor quality bushings (have to replace them already) and they didnt fit correctly. That being said they have the best customer service that ive dealt with so far. Theyre engineers (?) quickly got back to me and together we figured out how best to mount the control arms. And im talking quick within min. after i emailed them. They later told me they stopped selling those arms because of problems similar to mine. I felt the quality of the parts they made was top notch and i understand problems occur i would probably buy from them again.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. 4woody

4woody

I've done the rack and pinion on my Chrysler. No problems and the instructions were clear.

Get the standard, not the quick steer rack, & reduce the pressure on your power steering pump.