Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Fat Lucky's - Sean Johnstun ....Ruler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Terry O, Jan 13, 2011.

1. "Real Pro".....hahaha! Interesting...Sean does awesome work!!!

2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Im a big fan of his work, and like you guys have said he truly is an artist. Not only does his stuff have the vintage look, but it is unique...which is incredible hard to do. Thats a hard line to walk, being able to make the interior look "traditional" but it still looks like something new. On top of that, his quality and fit and finish are top notch. He has inspired me to take a crack at doing interiors.

3. Not only the same width but that will all line up perfectly with the other pleats in the same plane. He's a stickler for perfect and it shows in his work.

Where is the Hot Rod Lady Cruiser on this one. He did a remarkable one off interior on the Big Olds. Throw some pics at us my topless cruizin friend.

4. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Smooth interiors. I like to have those pleats in my next project.

5. Terry O

Terry O

I liked Sean's stuff so much I was looking for places for him to cover.....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. lorodz

lorodz

wow them buckets look sick as hell great job

7. BELLM

BELLM

I had the pleasure of doing a HAMB relay several years ago with part of Pork N Beaners interior picking it up from him @ HAMB drags taking to Sean. First time I have seen the finished product, awesome, as usual. Hope I can get him to do the Nomad when it is ready.

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Sean is a great guy and by far the best upholster I have ever seen.

9. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I am fortunate enough to have two fatlucky's interiors and love them both, sean is very good at what he does.why are all the really good guys poor> ? because they do it for the love and put way more hours into their work then they charge for, few truely appreciate it, why do these guys not have a two year back log. I wish I was rich, I would love to open a shop with the talents of so many under one roof. The world could be ruled!

10. ERNST

ERNST

simply the best!

11. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I love seing stuff like this.....why? Cause it just reaffirms my brain base that Sean is still crankin out totally bitchin work!

I made up my mind a few years back that F.L. would be doing the interior in my truck...sooooo you may not know it yet Sean, but your doing the interior in my truck!

Soon as I get up off my dead ass and get the truck done and pay off the gobs of hospital bills my daughter happily left me (not her fault) It'll find it's way to your shop...

BTW this was an indirect way to say your interior swims in awesomness!

12. CruiserUser

CruiserUser

I once made the mistake of thinking "ya know, it can't be THAT hard to upholster" and now I'm legally required to stay at least 150 feet away from a sewing maching. If I had the money and something worth his quality of work I'd definately give FL a call.

13. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

his work is amazing

14. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

PERFECT. 'nuff said.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice and it looks so right an timeless in the car.

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Some seriously good looking stuff for sure.

17. Muttley

Muttley

I'm kind of disappointed to see he isnt a huge fat guy, kind of false advertisement wouldnt you say?

18. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

fat lucky is a dog.

is there ANY reason he isn't doing the interiors for the weesner cars dude is buildin'?? the two top men in there fields should be working together.

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Sure is a fine trimmer, no doubt about that !!!

20. weez

weez

Jimmy did his own upholstery on the Emerald Tide truck and probably will with the Lit Up truck. (I wonder if he made the sewing machine first?)

Love Seans work! And he's a nice guy too- Doctor Dan's '55 interior is mind blowing...

21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

so...where is he now?

22. Nice to see this day in age that there is craftsmen, and women, that have old school abilities and the talent to match ! Quality is by far the best advertisement and from the pictures I have seen ...Wow ,Fat Lucky has the whole package. Rob.

23. Not saying that Sean falls into this category but alot of the "really good guys" focus so much on what they are good at that they neglect the business part of running a business.

But irregardless of his business situation I have never seen interiors that even come close to being as mindblowing as the ones produced by Fat Lucky. Sean is in a world all his own.

24. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Sean is the reason I moved to Texas. Basically, he is cool as fuck.

I wish I still worked with him, but I am glad to have had the opportunity the short time I did.

25. Terry O

Terry O

Not one, nowhere. A buddy at the shop told me Sean ripped out some work and redid it because he was not happy with it. I probably would never have known the difference,
    but he would have. Craftsman are responsible to themselves.

Terry

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn I just know my '35 would be soo much better with a Black and White interior by the man known as Fat Lucky. Fuck he's rad!

27. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

I don't care if his name is " Slim Jim " that boy can rip thread!

28. Nobody has answered the question of where is he now.

29. Terry O

Terry O

See post #13

Terry

30. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

because its against the hamb rules to ask that kind of question. you are only aloud to prays his work. go to his facebook you can probably get his new address there. if i ever hit texas i would like to stop by to see his work