Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest Flathead street legal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big jungle jim, Jun 30, 2004.

1. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Can anyone out they tell me the fastest 1/4 mile time for a street driven flathead powered car.

2. Stone

Stone

[ QUOTE ]
    Can anyone out they tell me the fastest 1/4 mile time for a street driven flathead powered car.

[/ QUOTE ]
    How about a intro first and then ask your question again.What do you drive who are you and such.

3. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

My name is jim living at the moment in rainy england. I drive at 32b roadster with a blown flathead which is currently the holder of the british record for a street driven flathead. i am hopefully bringing it over the pond to race next year on the strip.

4. Got any pics of Jungle Pam? [​IMG]

5. av8

av8

What is your record-holding ET and trap speed?

6. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

1/4 mile time 13.4 at a speed of 101.9 mph. Running in street time on crossplys.

7. Ron Cantrell of El Reno, pulled in a 72-pound, 8-ounce flathead from El Reno Lake, Oklahoma.

8. LIMEY

LIMEY

Jim you asshole do an intro......& some pics. [​IMG]

& by the way....what took you!! [​IMG]

9. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Saw her at a drag racing event on TV a few weeks back, she's still got it.

10. 13.4 out of flattie on the street!......well done my son....show us some shots of your beast!!

Cheers!

11. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

I can't tell you the fastest time yet, but I ran 13.39 at 98.25mph on Sunday at Island Dragway. The car with my fat ass in it weighs 3200lb. I haven't started the tuning process yet, but I'm hoping to get into the 12s. That's with mufflers and drag radials.

Limey, New Jersey should be one of your first stops when you come across the pond. I think a little match race is in order.

12. Jimv

Jimv

Hey Flatdog when i was a kid(way back) my cousin lived in gloster city, (a shithole out side of that shithole philly)And his neighbor ran a henry J flatty in gass class at Atco, it was really nice, I-beam, lift off nose, etc.Sweet ride!!I always wondered if it was still around, it was 40 something yrs ago.
    JimV

13. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Hey Jim, welcome!
    I hear that there are some big toys coming out to play this weekend, yours running strong? (You'll be relieved to hear that I won't be entering the 100E any more!).
    From what I understand there's going to be quite a turnout. 12's this year perhaps?

14. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

Hi Jim

I asked this on one of the flathead forums just after you ran at the Nostalgia last year there was talk of 12's in the US but no one could really qualify "street trim" suspect seriously stripped down and slicks.
    I would be interested to see what happens if you bolt slicks on or some sticky Hoosiers or somethin, must be worth a second over those crossies.
    Be interested to hear this weekend how you got on with the Moonjection?
    Rich

15. [ QUOTE ]
    Jim you asshole do an intro......& some pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was subtle Kev...Is this Jim with the Red one?

Dave

16. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

That's yer fella...

17. LIMEY

LIMEY

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Jim you asshole do an intro......& some pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was subtle Kev...Is this Jim with the Red one?

Red what!......asshole, never been that close you'd have to ask Jody or Marcus.
    Joking aside Jim aint a bad bloke for a tosser but his car is much nicer & has to be one of the sharpest sounding flatheads i've heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attached Files:

18. LIMEY

LIMEY

another & yes it would be the red one! Jim you owe me a beer at the weekend. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Say Hi to Little Alex the Flathead man from me if you see him!

Dave

20. av8

av8

That's very respectable, Jim, even for a blown motor.

If flathead drag racing in the West hadn't had the rug pulled out from under it a few years ago you'd probably be facing some serious competition on this end of the continent. You still might on the East coast where they continue to go at it.

21. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Joe Abbin runs low 13.40s - in Denver & Albuquerque. I think that corrects to 13.15 or so...of course, his Motorhead Mart isn't really a street car I guess...

[​IMG]