Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fast Street/Strip Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, May 15, 2013.

1. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

that is so boss

2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know I know, I have done the math...my last 60 ft was 1.9 with a .073 reaction. It is all about the look though. It is a blast on the street. I do have some real tires and 411s, we may show up next year and really lay one down. I am pulling under 6,000 RPM at the top end...it is good for at least 8,000 all day long.

3. 4speed411

4speed411

High 11's Low 12's through the mufflers on sticky tires...lifting the left front off the line..
    [​IMG]

4. 63comet

63comet

Lol, you're a dedicated drag racer ain't ya! :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. MBog

MBog

16s in a flathead A...

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Best pass in my roadster at the HAMB Drags was a 12.36 @ 113 mph on skinny Excelsior radials. 60 ft. time was 2.00. Engine is a 347 SBF, T5 trans, 4.11 geared posi 9".

Should easily be in the 11s with slicks.

[​IMG]

Malcolm

7. some pretty wicked rides showing up here now... thats what i like to see!

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

What about the times for an A/32 Highboy with a warmed over flathead and tall n skinny Firestones or 9" pie crusts? Gary

9. captmullette

captmullette

got this to 11.90 @ 108 at the Atlanta 10,000 drags with a old motor out of a dirt track car that sat under a shed for 25 yrs..........

Attached Files:

10. I ran my 64 Fairlane on little Fremont After cruising Jack in the box, on Fremont Blvd.there was this 64 Old`s 442 that was spanking everyone in town.Ran him three times,I would get him off the line,and hold the lead till about midway and he would get just in front of my nose and stay there thru the finish. Went down the same all three times,before we raced he said (no one has ever beat me out of the hole) I did three times,My car had a GT 350 motor I bought out of the wrecking yard I worked at (ABLE auto Wreckers)I had 350.Gear in the rear and it was one legged,and a C-4,I had won every race I had ever been in with this car,except this olds with a 455 and a lot of dollars spent,my car eventually progressed to a 12 second car that was a bat out of hell out of the whole,I guess that`s where most races are won.thanx for sparking the memory.Pete.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what color was the 442? dark blue? there was also a yellow one, but I think the yellow one was a Cutlass and had a Chevy in it.

I was out there in a black primer 69 GTO Judge every weekend in the late 70's early 80's. fun times.

12. Blue and i think the guys name was Rob?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's the guy. Rob Wallace .. I think. that car was rumored to be fast so I never raced him. :)

14. I also raced some guy with a 59 el camino white with a 409 tri power,he called me out because my Fairlane looked pretty much stock except for the no hood and a single velocity stack on that Shelby motor sticking out of the hood,said he would race for pink`s,But I Declined not really Knowing what I had yet,We went To little Fremont and lined up took off and when he went through the line I was already out of my car,he said he thought I might beat him but not that bad! (Good thing it was not for pinks) do not judge a book by it`s cover. I sold the car when my first kid was born.1980,but now I am building a 53 henry J Gasser ,Been 34 yrs since my last Drag race (grudge night at Fremont) thanx again for Letting me share.Pete

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  15. AHotRod

AHotRod

More stories ???